Google is set as the default account to store your contacts online on most Android smartphones. One of the perks of using it is to save & sync contacts and access them on any platform. So if you’ve recently switched from Android to iOS, it is easy to sync contacts from Gmail to iPhone and iPad. Let me show you how you can do it.
- How to Sync Contacts from Gmail to iPhone or iPad
- How to Set Gmail Contacts as Default on iPhone
- How to Import Google Contacts to iCloud
How to Sync Contacts from Gmail to iPhone or iPad
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap on Google → Continue.
- Enter your email Id or phone number and tap Next.
- Enter your password and hit Next.
- Once signed in, turn on the Contacts toggle, then tap Save.
All your Gmail contacts will be synchronized with your iPhone and iPad.
If you want, you can remove them or delete the Google account you’ve added by going into the same Passwords & Accounts settings. Also, if you already have set up the Google Account, you just need to turn on the Contacts toggle to synchronize your Gmail contacts.
How to Set Gmail Contacts as Default on iPhone
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and go to Contacts.
- Tap Default Account – the last option.
- Select Gmail.
Now that Gmail is set as the default account, the Contacts app will only display the contacts synchronized with your Google account.
How to Import Google Contacts to iCloud
- Open your Gmail account in a browser on your computer.
- Click on the Google Apps icon.
- Click on Contacts.
- Click on Export from the left-side menu.
- Underneath Export as, select vCard and hit Export.
Note: You can select and export a few contacts instead of all. To do so, select contact names, then click export.
- The vCard file will be downloaded.
- Now sign in to your iCloud account on your computer.
- Open Contacts.
- Click on the Settings icon from the bottom left corner and select Import vCard.
- Import the vCard from your computer that you’ve downloaded.
Your Google contacts are added to your iCloud account. It will be synchronized with your iPhone and iPad if you’ve set up the iCloud with the same Apple ID.
So these were two ways you can sync contacts from Gmail to your iOS device. You can also sync your Google Calendar with your iPhone. Check out our particular guide on the same.
If your love for using Google apps continues even after switching to iOS, these posts are full of vital information!
You may also like to read these