Family Sharing lets you share music, movies, app purchases, games, etc. with the family members. Not only this, but you can also use Family Sharing inside Find My app to find missing devices of other family members. It is easy and convenient. So, if your kid leaves her iPod Touch at her friend’s place or your wife leaves her iPhone at her work, it is effortless to know the whereabouts. Let us see how.
Before You Begin:
How to Locate Family Members Devices Using the Find My App
- Open Find My app on your iPhone or iPad
- Sign in with your Apple ID if asked
- In the Devices tab, On top, you will see your devices. After that, you will see the devices of your family members. Tap on the missing device to know more about it.
- From here, you can play a sound on their device. If the iPhone or iPad was misplaced in house, you can locate it when you hear it beeping.
- Further, from this screen, you can know the direction for reaching the current location of the device. You may even choose to erase the device, get notification alert when it is found, or mark as lost
That’s all, mate!
This is how you can find family members’ devices with Find My app or even you can also use the web at iCloud.com to know the information about devices belonging to your family members.
I hope this short guide was helpful. If you have a question, feel free to ask in the comments down below.
You may also like these posts:
- How to Switch Between Apple Music Individual and Family Plans
- Apple Arcade Family Games You Should Play Now!
- How to Use Personal Hotspot in Family Sharing on iPhone or iPad