Wi-Fi Calling, as the name suggests, allows you to make and receive calls over Wi-Fi. This means you can stay in touch with family, friends, and colleagues even when you have a weak cellular signal or are in an area with limited coverage. This article will take you through the easy steps to enable Wi-Fi Calling on Apple Watch.
- Requirements for Wi-Fi Calling on Apple Watch
- How to set up Wi-Fi Calling from your iPhone
- How to turn on Wi-Fi Calling on Watch app
Requirements for Wi-Fi Calling on Apple Watch
- Apple Watch must be running watchOS 5 or later.
- Your carrier/service provider must offer Wi-Fi Calling.
- Your Apple Watch and iPhone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Both Apple Watch and iPhone must be signed into the same Apple ID.
Note: Wi-Fi Calling on Apple Watch is only available in certain regions and is not supported by all carriers.
Before enabling Wi-Fi Calling on your Apple Watch, you need to ensure that the Wi-Fi Calling is set up over your iPhone. You can simply follow the steps below.
How to set up Wi-Fi Calling from your iPhone
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to Phone app → Tap on Wi-Fi Calling.
- Turn on Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone → Tap Enable if prompted.
- Hit <Phone to go back → tap on Calls on Other Devices.
- Enable Allow Calls on Other Devices.
- Finally, toggle on Add Wi-Fi Calling for Other Devices for your eligible devices.
- Also, hit < Phone to go back → Hit Calls on Other Devices → Toggle on Allow Calls on Other Devices to complete the process.
If you have any doubts or need additional information on the process, you can also refer to our article on how to turn on Wi-Fi Calling on iPhones and other devices. Additionally, you can simply turn off Wi-Fi Calling by following the steps above and toggling off if you don’t want to use it anymore.
How to turn on Wi-Fi Calling in Watch app
- Navigate to the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Go to the My Watch tab.
- Scroll down and tap Phone → Toggle on Wi-Fi Calling.
That’s it. It’s simple as that.
How to fix Wi-Fi Calling not working on Apple Watch
If Wi-Fi Calling is not working, try the following troubleshooting steps.
- Verify that both iPhone and Apple Watch are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Restart your iPhone and Apple Watch.
- Turn off and on Airplane Mode on your iPhone.
- Check if the Wi-Fi network has a stable internet connection.
- Update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software versions.
- If the issue persists, contact Apple Support for further assistance.
You can make calls on your Apple Watch without your iPhone or Wi-Fi if you’ve shared your e-Sim with your watch.
Calling gets easy!
Although Apple Watch has always been considered a dependent product on iPhone, it can do a lot of things without being connected to an iPhone, including calling over Wi-Fi. The article above should have helped you enable Wi-Fi Calling on your Apple Watch. Please share your experience with Wi-Fi Calling in the comments below.
- How to use Smart Stacks on Apple Watch
- watchOS 10 new features and supported devices
- Best watchOS 10 hidden features you should know!
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.