If you are looking for the best HomeKit garage door openers to ensure your car and home protection, then we have just the right listing for you. Thanks to these smart controllers, you can monitor the garage door from anywhere via your iPhone or other Apple devices. Not all garage doors offer support for smart controllers. And not all garage door sensor support Apple HomeKit.
- Nexx Smart HomeKit Garage Door Controller
- HomeKit Enabled Garage Door Opener from Garadget
- ismartgate HomeKit Integrated Garage Door Opener
- HomeKit Enabled Garage Door Controller from Insignia
- Chamberlain myQ Smart Garage Door Opener
- Chamberlain C450 Chain Drive Garage Door Opener
- Tailwind iQ3 Smart Automatic Garage Controller
- Chamberlain B980 Smartphone-Controlled Belt Drive Garage Door Opener
- ismartgate Ultimate LITE Garage Kit
1. Nexx Smart HomeKit Garage Door Controller
The NXG-200 lets you open, close, schedule, and monitor the garage door from anywhere, anytime. Receive notifications if the door is opened or if someone forgot to close it.
Thanks to a smart and straightforward interface, the Nexx Garage can be controlled via a tap or voice commands to Siri, Alexa, or Google Assistant. If you want more ease, the Just Drive feature enables you to go hands-free.
Employing geofencing technology, Nexx automatically instructs the garage door to open when your car enters the driveway.
Along with Wi-Fi, NXG-200 also supports Bluetooth capability, so you can control the garage door even when the internet’s out. Most importantly, there is no hidden fees or ongoing monthly subscription.
- External Antenna for better Wi-Fi Connection
- Bluetooth compatibility
- No-Hub Required
- Need additional tools for installation
- Requires 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi connection
- Requires work to make it compatible with brands like Liftmaster, Chamberlain, Genie
2. HomeKit Enabled Garage Door Opener from Garadget
In terms of garage doors, Garadget offers support to limited products only. However, when it comes to integration, it’s friends with all the VIPs.
Along with iOS and Android apps, it integrates with Apple HomeKit, Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT, SmartThings, OpenHab, etc. An innovative laser sensor enables simple installation, cutting down on any wiring or intricate mechanical builds.
You can control, monitor the garage door remotely. Moreover, you will receive a notification if the door is opened too long or at an unusual time.
- Supports most home automation systems
- Free IFTTT channel
- Banking-level encryption
- Doesn’t support openers with yellow “learn” button
- Glitchy Software
- Works only with Wi-Fi
3. ismartgate HomeKit Integrated Garage Door Opener
This is a ‘pro’ HomeKit garage door opener in many ways. It can remotely open and close up to three garage doors from iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch.
And the feature list doesn’t stop at just that; you can customize a ton of settings. For instance, you can set alerts for garage temperature, integrate any existing IP Camera, and monitor all activity with calendar of events.
Moreover, the user-friendly interface of the ismartgate app lends more freedom, from assigning open/close music or seeing all your doors on one screen.
- Works with three Doors
- Universal home integration
- Bundle of customization
- Limited Compatibility
- Works on Wi-Fi only
4. HomeKit Enabled Smart Garage Door Controller from Insignia
Insignia’s Wi-Fi garage door controller is specially made to be compatible with Apple devices. What’s great is that Insignia is simple to install, easy-to-use, and cost-effective as well.
Once installed, you can enable HomeKit support without downloading an additional app, via a simple scan code. The sensor allows for an effortless opening/closing operation from your iPhone.
To perform seamlessly, Insignia depends on a secure Wi-Fi connection. So you need to make sure that a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi signal in your garage. Thanks to an LED indicator, you can know the status of the connection in an instant.
- Compatible with all Apple devices
- Push Notifications
- Easy to install
- Only compatible with HomeKit
- Strong Wi-Fi is a compulsion
- Limited garage door compatibility
5. Chamberlain myQ Smart Garage Door Opener
If you have a sectional garage door and safety sensors installed, then the myQ is an excellent option. However, you will have to buy a Home Bridge additionally to make it compatible with Apple HomeKit and Siri voice control.
Yes, it may end up being a bit expensive, but it surely makes up in the feature department. Once installed, you can open or close your garage door from anywhere.
What’s more, you can even receive alerts and schedule functions for door and light. Then there is a guest access facility that allows up to three people to control the garage door.
It also offers support to Key By Amazon; wherein Prime members can get packages securely delivered right inside their garage.
- Supports Key By Amazon
- Compatible across all major brands
- Easy installation
- Additional hub needed for HomeKit support
- Charges fee for Alexa & Google Usage
- Needs Strong Wi-Fi
6. Chamberlain C450 Chain Drive Garage Door Opener
If you are planning to update your garage door opening system completely, then the Chamberlain C450 is amongst the best chain drive options.
This product combines the durability of rugged steel construction with smarts of a remotely controlled garage door. The C450 offers lifting force equivalent to 1/2 HP and can effortlessly lift heavy doors.
As for the smarts, it comes with a dual function wall control, wireless keypad, safety sensors, TriBand frequency remotes, myQ App, and Key App support.
You can open and close the door remotely, receive real-time notifications, and share access when needed.
- Great Lifting Capacity
- TriBand frequency remotes
- Includes Safety Sensors
- HomeKit support needs additional support
- Complicated installation
- A subscription fee for Google and IFTTT
7. Tailwind iQ3 Smart Automatic Garage Controller
Tailwind takes auto-open/close feature a notch above geofencing. You can teach the system your garage’s exact GPS coordinate during the set-up.
In turn, the system will recognize your distance from the garage with high accuracy, providing a much more consistent experience. Thanks to it, the door is opened and closed automatically.
iPhone customers, and those without a Bluetooth connection in their vehicle, will require an additional vehicle sensor to make it work.
The app offers a history log, customizable alert, auto-close schedules, cross family sharing, unlimited users, and more at no monthly fee.
There’s also a Night Mode feature, which automatically closes all garage doors at night, and keeps them closed.
- Wireless and Bluetooth integration
- Expandable up to three doors
- Secure Night Mode
- Vehicle sensor for iPhone users
- Requires additional wiring
8. Chamberlain B980 Smartphone-Controlled Belt Drive Garage Door Opener
This one is quite similar to the brand’s chain drive counterpart, from installing an additional home bridge to opening/closing via the myQ app.
It also comes with two 3-button TriBand frequency remotes, safety sensors, among other things. The real difference is the quieter steel reinforced belt drive mechanism.
Along with high lifting capacity, the system features anti-vibration technology and can survive excessive heat, cold, and humidity. Chamberlain B980 also accompanies a battery backup that allows you to access the garage even during power outages.
- Quieter than others
- Battery backup
- Automatic deadbolt
- Extra accessory needed for Apple HomeKit support
- Google Assistant and IFTTT free for a limited time only
9. ismartgate Ultimate LITE Garage Kit
Why settle when you can have an Apple HomeKit compatible garage sensor and camera in one package! With this garage kit, not just get notifications, watch your garage door from anywhere, anytime.
All thanks to a waterproof wireless garage door sensor and wireless indoor IP camera with night vision. But that’s not all; the HD camera also avails 116º angle, panoramic view of your garage.
ismartgate also monitors your garage temperature and sensor’s battery condition. Additionally, you will receive alerts for the door opening, closing, or when the door is stopped.
- Night vision and panoramic camera
- Free IFTTT access
- Apple Watch support
- Supports Alexa only through IFTTT
- Doesn’t support openers with Security+ 2.0 technology
That’s all for now!!
Whether a smart light or door lock, the idea behind these Apple HomeKit compatible devices is to secure your home. The garage door openers are no different. It ensures that the giant gate of your home is always under your monitoring.
Do share your thoughts and reviews with us in the comment section below. We will love to know if you have suggestions for our listing.
Some posts you may like: