Recently, you subscribed to an app on your iPhone thinking it would perfectly live up to your expectation. But you soon lost interest in it and now want to cancel the App Store subscription.
Do not worry at all as Apple offers multiple methods to let you switch to a new plan or completely end it. Moreover, you can terminate the subscription not only from your iOS device but also from Mac or even Apple TV. Find out how it’s done the right way!
- How to Cancel Subscription on iPhone and iPad
- How to Cancel App Store subscription on your Mac
- How to Cancel App Store Subscription on Apple TV
- How to Re-Subscribe to Any App Store Subscription on iPhone and iPad
How to Cancel Subscription on iPhone and iPad
- Just keep in mind, many apps offer a free trial for a few days, and if you fail to end the plan more than 24 hours before the renewal date, the subscription might automatically renew.
- Another thing worth noting is that terminating a plan in certain countries like Israel, South Africa, and Turkey is a bit different. To discover how to end a subscription in these countries, head over here.
- Do note that even after you have canceled a plan, you will be able to use the service until the end of the current billing cycle.
With iOS 12.1.4 and later, App Store has a shortcut to let you manage your subscriptions quickly. All you have to do is, Open App Store → tap on your profile icon → hit Manage Subscriptions.
On the earlier version of the operating system, simply tap on your Profile → tap on Personalized Recommendations and then choose Subscriptions.
Then, edit or terminate any plan as usual.
You can also get it done from the Settings app on your iOS device.
Step #1. Open Settings app on your iOS device and tap on iTunes & App Store.
Step #2. Now, tap on your Apple ID and then select View Apple ID in the pop-up window.
Step #3. Next, you will have to enter your Apple ID password.
Step #4. Next up, you have to tap on Subscriptions.
Step #5. All of your subscriptions will appear on the screen. Tap on the one you want to cancel → Tap on Cancel Subscription.
How to Cancel App Store subscription on your Mac
Step #1. Launch iTunes on your Mac. Click on Accounts from the top navigation and click on View My Account.
Step #2. Enter your Apple ID password, if asked.
Step #4. Now, you need to find the subscription in question and click Edit.
Step #5. Finally, click on Cancel Subscription.
How to Cancel App Store Subscription on Apple TV
Step #1. Open Settings app on your Apple TV and click on Accounts.
Step #2. Click on Manage Subscriptions and then select subscription you want to cancel.
Step #3. Click on Cancel Subscription and confirm.
How to Re-Subscribe to Any App Store Subscription on iPhone and iPad
Accidentally canceled any App Store subscription and want to re-subscribe to it? No problem, you can easily renew it.
Step #1. Launch Settings app on your iOS device → iTunes & App Store.
Step #2. Tap on your Apple ID → Tap on View Apple ID
Step #3. Enter your Apple ID password.
Step #4. Tap Subscriptions.
Step #5. Scroll down to Expired → Tap the Subscription you wish to renew.
You have successfully renewed the subscription.
Here’s Video on How to Cancel Subscriptions on your iPhone or iPad
Apple has made quite simple to revoke any subscription. Let me know your feedback and any related question.
You might want to have a look at these posts as well:
- How to Request Refund for iTunes and App Store Purchase
- How to Stop Auto-playing Videos in iOS 11 App Store
- How to Restore Deleted Apps on iPhone and iPad
- How to Get Back App Store into iTunes