A good pair of truly wireless earphones are an investment not just for your ears or the inner audiophile, but also for your reputation. Oh, yes, they can efficiently double as a style & symbol statement. And the MW07 Plus scores 10/10 in the looks department. But do they sound as good as they look? What about noise cancellation? Check out our hands-on review of MW07 Plus True Wireless earphones for all the deets.
Review of MW07 Plus True Wireless Earbuds
If you have a flair for exquisite looks and an immense love for music, MW07 Plus might be your perfect match. As per the brand, these second-generation earbuds are their most technically advanced earphones.
And with up to 40 hours of battery life, Bluetooth 5.0, in-ear detection sensor, feedforward active noise-cancellation, and ambient listening mode, it does seem so on paper. Let’s take them for a test drive to further verify the claim.
The Minimal, Smart and Tasteful Packaging
MW07 Plus carries a premium look with its signature handcrafted acetate body and stainless steel case. But the luxe quotient starts from the packaging itself.
The all-black box strikingly contrasts with the silver of the case, ensuring a dramatic first impression. The minimal & subtle use of branding further enhances the overall effect.
As you continue to unbox, you’ll find a user-guide, canvas pouch, additional fit-wings & ear tips, the USB C to C charging cable, and a USB Adaptor in the box. Each item is neatly packed and holds a designated place in the smartly-designed box.
MW07 Plus Technical Specifications
|Dimensions||Earphone – 22.5mm x 19mm x 25mm|
Case – 64mm x 45mm x 26mm
|Weight||Earphones – 9.0g each|
Case – 84.0g
|Battery Life||Earphones – 10 hours|
Case – 30 hours (3 additional chargers)
|Charging Time||Earphones – 5 hours playtime after a 15-minute charge|
10 hours playtime after a 40-minute charge
Case – 50% charge in 15 minutes, 100% charge in 40 minutes
|Microphone Type||Two beamforming mic arrays|
|Driver||10mm Beryllium for amazing acoustics|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth – 5.0 With aptX and SBC|
Distance – 100ft/30m
|Fitting Options||Ear Tip – XS, S, M, L, XL|
Fit Wing – S, M, L
|Waterproof level||IPX5 water resistance|
|Colors||6 colors – Black pearl, Jade green, Black quartz, Steel Blue, White marble, Tortoiseshell|
The Stainless Steel Case
Oh, the case! It’s compact, portable, and everything a luxurious earbuds case should be. You can even see your reflection in them, it’s so clean and pristine.
And not just the looks, the MW07 Plus case is quite functional as well. For starters, it holds up to 3 additional charges and supports fast charging as well.
Interestingly, it sports three battery indicating LEDs, one for itself and two for each left and right earbuds. So, you’ll always on top of the battery situation. In terms of its construction, the case feels quite sturdy.
The lid is pretty easy to open and close, though it wobbles a bit. And while it can be cleaned easily with a damp cloth, the shiny surface is a fingerprint magnet. I guess here’s where the pouch will come in super handy.
A Closer Look At MW07 Plus Earbuds
If looks could kill, the handcrafted acetate design of these true-wireless earbuds could assassinate your fellow audiophiles & fashionistas. They might look a bit big at first glance, but MW07 Plus slides in and out of the ear with ease.
Between the multiple ear tip and fit wing options, you should get the perfect fit quite easily. I particularly love the fit wings’ soft and flexible top that fits into your ear ridge.
That makes wearing the earbuds quite comfortable, even for a long duration. As for features and controls, here’s a brief list
- Controls Right Bud – A single Multi-function button that Play/Pause – one tap, Skip Forward – Double-tap, Skip back – Triple tap, and invokes voice assistant when long pressed.
- Controls Left Bud – Volume button that helps you manage the Volume with ease. Hold Vol+ for enabling/disabling Ambient listening mode, hold Vol- – for turning the noise cancellation on/off.
- Dual Microphones – Mics in each earphone lend you the freedom to listen or take calls even with a single bud.
- In-Ear Detection – Thanks to a smart sensor, the audio is auto-paused when you remove the earphone from the ear.
The Ultimate Test – How Do They Sound
MW07 does not disappoint in the sound section, it maintains the brand’s signature brilliant sound. I took them through various genres of music, a few podcasts, and a full audio novel.
- Audio Output – The voice tonality during the novel, and podcast sessions was spot on. Overall, the output is quite sharp, lyrics, and even the slightest of beats come across nicely. However, the bass isn’t punchy and splits, especially during the lower-pitch portions.
- Calls – While the audio output was adequate, the mic’s performance was a surprise. Even with a mask, the listener got clear and loud feedback, a remarkable feat for true-wireless earbuds.
- Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) – The feedforwarding noise cancellation is quite effective, even when the music is kept on medium Volume. There is a surround sound effect that I quite enjoyed. Although, the ambient mode allows static to seep in, which can be irritating at times.
MW07 Plus, Is It a Worthy Investment?
Absolutely! The sound, noise cancellation, & battery-life is great, as promised by the brand. In terms of looks, it’s exceptional and attention-drawing.
However, the audio output isn’t as punchy as a bass-lover would prefer. It needs some equalization tweaks to reach perfection. I wish the company offered an accompanying app, so you could make headphone accommodations according to your taste.
Other than that, I see or hear no significant flaws. So, yes, if you love listening to music and love to flaunt your purchases, Master & Dynamic MW07 Plus is worth the price tag.
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more.
A self-professed Geek who loves to explore all things Apple. I thoroughly enjoy discovering new hacks, troubleshooting issues, and finding and reviewing the best products and apps currently available. My expertise also includes curating opinionated and honest editorials. If not this, you might find me surfing the web or listening to audiobooks.