The Apple Watch Ultra and Ultra 2 are meant for athletes, hikers, divers, and other extreme adventurers. The Watch includes a Night Mode to help them move in the dark without straining their eyes or distracting them from the bright display. So, here’s how you can activate and use Night Mode on Apple Watch Ultra and Ultra 2.
What is Night Mode on Apple Watch Ultra and Ultra 2?
Night Mode effectively applies a red filter blocking blue light to the watch’s display. Thus, it reduces eye fatigue and avoids damaging the retina. The display on other Apple Watches may not be ideal for night vision. So, the Night Mode on your Apple Watch Ultra will be crucial if you love adventures at night.
Maybe you have searched all over your new watch but can’t find the feature. But don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. But first, there are a few things to take care of.
Requirements to enable Night Mode in Ultra/Ultra 2
Currently, to use Night Mode on Apple Watch Ultra and Ultra 2:
- You must enable either Wayfinder or Modular Ultra watch face.
- The Apple Watch must be updated to watchOS 10.
Note: If you’re running the original Watch Ultra on watchOS 9, you’ll be able to use Night Mode only in Wayfinder.
Now that we have got the basics out of the way, here’s how you can turn on Night Mode in watchOS 10.
How to turn on Night Mode in watchOS 10
- To turn on the Wayfinder/Modular Ultra watch face, long-press on display. Then it will provide you with a list of available watch faces.
- Now, you must swipe through the faces and choose Wayfinder/Modular Ultra from there.
- Then press and hold the watch face → Choose Edit.
- Swipe through the available options and come to Night Mode.
- Here, you will be provided three options: Auto, Off, and On. You can select either Auto or On to enable Night Mode.
- Auto: The Night Mode will be enabled by default in poorer lighting conditions.
- Off: Night Mode will be disabled.
- On: Night Mode gets enabled.
And that’s all! Night Mode is successfully activated, making reading in low-light conditions considerably simpler. But there’s a drawback! The Night Mode only functions on the main screen. Using any other feature or tapping on other watch complications will disable the Night Mode.
In case you were wondering how to disable Night Mode, you just need to turn the Digital Crown in the opposite direction on the Wayfinder face.
No, you must choose and set the Wayfinder watch face for this to function.
As of writing, this is a function that only the Apple Watch Ultra and Ultra 2 have.
So, that’s all for today, folks!
The Night Mode is something that brings convenience to daily usage for anyone. Therefore, Apple Watch Ultra has surely raised the bar for smartwatches with all the new features.
Did you find this blog post helpful? Let me know in the comments below!
- Best cases for Apple Watch Ultra in 2022
- How to fix Apple Watch Microphone not working
- How to track nightly wrist temperature on Apple Watch Series 8 and Ultra
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more.
Jibin Joseph is an editor at iGeeksBlog and has excellent attention to detail. He is a voracious reader, with interests ranging from philosophy and history to geopolitics and tech. When not reading or correcting grammar, you’d find him engaging in discussions about football. You can follow him on Twitter and Instagram at @4ibin.