When I was making preparations for my trip to Europe in May 2018, I was actually nervous, as I didn’t have any universal travel adapter to charge my iPhone X, digital camera, Mac, my wife’s iPhone 7 Plus, and other devices. Thankfully, I received this Xcentz power adapter in time. I went to France, Switzerland, Italy, and Germany; everywhere, I could use this travel adapter without any difficulty.
Four months after this trip, I think I have enough experience of this adapter to share with you. At my office, my colleagues use this continuously, of course, getting the same great experience as I had during my trip. So what is special about this international travel adapter made by Xcentz?
Xcentz Universal Travel Adapter: Essential Accessory for Globetrotters
I had a firm belief (bordering on obsession) that any smartphone accessory has to be travel-friendly. From design to compatibility and universality to performance – if the accessory doesn’t meet international standards, a traveler would instead discard that piece in a trash can. This is not the case with Xcentz power adapter.
When I travel alone, I travel light. And this is how everybody would like to roam around. The compact design of this adapter is a key feature. It doesn’t occupy much space in your bag – whether it is your fanny pack, duffle bag, suitcase, backpack or a briefcase.
I was surprised to see the dimensions (2.8″x2.4″x2″) as Xcentz has packed four levers on one side. When you push and slide each, male plugs come out; next, you can insert those plugs in the corresponding female plugs.
- First: European Union (Germany, Denmark, Israel, Finland, France, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Korea, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Croatia, Egypt, Greece, Hungary, etc.)
- Second: The United States and Japan (USA, Canada, Japan, Taiwan, Columbia, Mexico, Panama, Philippines, Venezuela, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Vietnam, Guam, Honduras, Jamaica, etc.)
- Third: Australia (China, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, etc.)
- Fourth: The United Kingdom (Singapore, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Bhutan, Cyprus, Dominic, Garner, Kenya, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, etc.)
Travelers do not just keep smartphones and tablets; they also carry digital cameras, MP3 players, electric shaver, gaming controllers, and other gadgets. I was no exception! This adapter saves me from begging a charger from my fellow travelers. I could easily charge all my devices with its four ports 4.8A USB output with high speed.
I cannot go further without mentioning its Smart Xpower feature, which can fast charge your phone battery from 30% to 80% in just 40 minutes. When you are charging other devices, remember that the adapter cannot convert voltage. Also, remember that the adapter does not support high power appliances like irons and hair dryers.
Mishaps never wait for an invitation, they just happen at any time, anywhere in the world. Xcentz has made this power adapter using xPower technology to protect your devices from over-current, overload, short-circuit, and high-temperature. This product is ROHS, CE, and FC certified to ensure the safety of your gadgets.
Is something missing?
You cannot connect your USB-C cable with this adapter as it doesn’t have any USB-C port. Moreover, it is not possible to insert the external plug into the British type female plugs on this adapter.
- Max. Power: 880W at 110Vac / 1840W at 230Vac
- Input: 8A 100-240Vac 50/60Hz
- Total Output: 5Vdc 4.8A Max
- Single USB: 5Vdc 2.4A Max
- Fuse: Dual Fuse (Spare fuse is included)
- Certification: FCC / CE / RoHS
- Size: 2.8 x 2.4 x 2 inch
- Weight: 5.3 ounces
If you are wiiling to ignore the missing feature (USB-C port), this could be your ultimate travel companioon.
That’s all, folks!
When your business or job requires you to cross borders of many countries, you need an adapter that can charge all your devices everywhere. Xcentz’s travel adapter is truly global in design and performance. This all-in-one power adapter scores off other adapters available in the market.
You may like to explore more accessories:
- Best Portable Wall Chargers for iPhone
- Best USB-C Chargers for iPhone Xs Max, XS, and iPhone XR
- USB C Chargers for iPhone X, iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- Must-have Accessories for iPhone Xs Max and Xs
Do you think this universal travel adapter is an essential accessory for your smart devices? Share your feedback in comment box.