While we’re waiting for a design/app update for WhatsApp for iPhone (for iOS 7), it looks like there are a few basic tips that are worth sharing again.
Users come up with questions like how to save profile photos (new feature added in WhatsApp update), or how to start a Group Chat or how to create a backup of all WhatsApp conversations on iCloud.
Some of the tips are very basic and very easy. But we know that WhatsApp gets a lot of new users everyday – quite a bunch of them on the iOS platform.
So here’s to all you folks who’re looking for some cool WhatsApp tips:
1. How to Start Group Chat On WhatsApp
Starting a group chat on WhatsApp is far easier on iOS than on Android. For starters, there’s just one simple button to tap and the rest of the things flow like water.
- Open WhatsApp
- Tap on ‘Chats’ from the menu at the bottom.
- Scroll up and you will see a search field under which there are two buttons. One of these is New Group.
- Tap on New Group
- Give a subject (a title for the group)
- Add participants from the list of WhatsApp contacts
- Click on Done and your group is now ready!
2. How to Save WhatsApp Profile Photos to The iPhone
WhatsApp added a new feature which lets you save profile photos of your friends to the camera roll. Again, this is very simple too.
- Go to a friend’s profile in WhatsApp (do this either by tapping on the profile photo on top of the chat screen or by tapping on the friend’s name from Favorites menu)
- Tap on the profile photo to open it/view it.
- Tap on the share icon on top-right
- Tap on Save Image
The image gets saved to your camera roll.
3. How to Take iCloud Backups of WhatsApp Conversations
With the update in July, WhatsApp also pushed a very important feature that was lacking for a long time: chat backups. Interestingly it clubbed iClouds so users didn’t have to worry about two things: backup management and backup security.
To setup and manage backups:
- Open WhatsApp
- Tap on Settings
- Now tap on Chat Settings
- Go to Backup
- You can setup auto-backups. You can also tap on Backup Now to backup the chats right away. Videos don’t get backed up.
Got more tips for WhatsApp? Let us know in the comments!