As the hardware and software have advanced, there are multiple ways to secure your data on Mac and Windows PC. There are passwords, cloud-based security, and also fingerprint sensors to unlock the HDD. Personally, locking or hiding the folders and files is the most comfortable and safest way to secure your data. For this purpose, UkeySoft File Lock software for Mac and Windows seems to be a perfect fit.
As the name itself says, the basic functionality of the software is to lock any file or folder with a password. No one can access that specific file or folder without the password. So even if your system is compromised, the personal data will stay intact. Apart from just locking mechanism, UkeySoft File Lock has a few other features that we will share in this review.
UkeySoft File Lock for Mac and Windows
Simple yet powerful
UkeySoft File Lock is a simple software with minimum options on startup. But once you use it, you can rest assure your files and folders are safe from anyone trying to get hold of them. There are not many preferences required to set; it just works out of the box. All you need to do is to set a password and then add files or folders.
That’s it. All the files and folders you add are protected, and no one can access them. Not only that, but you can also make files and folders invisible, making them next to impossible to reach. If you can’t see something, you can break it.
When it comes to storing sensitive data, we are more concerned about the underlying security protocol of the software. Because no matter how strong your password is, if the software does not have the right encryption, it will fail.
Thankfully, UkeySoft File Lock uses AES-256 military-grade encryption that will make sure no one can decrypt it; except you. Besides that, after locking the file or folder, you can mark them as invisible from the software itself; making them further secured.
One of the best parts about the software is that once you make the file or folder invisible, no one can access it, modify it, or delete it. Same is with a password lock.
Hiding Files and Folders
You may say that Windows and Mac have the feature to hide files or folders. But the problem with that feature is that it just has the basic functionality of making a file or folder hidden. Anyone with little technical knowledge can easily access them.
To solve this, UkeySoft File Lock uses encryption when you mark any file or folder as invisible. This is the same encryption that is used when you lock file or folder. Due to this encryption, hidden files or folders are inaccessible to anyone but you.
Password protect apps
Besides securing files and folders, you can also password protect apps on your Mac and Windows. If you are working from home and sharing your device with your kids, this feature may indeed come to help.
There are specific software and apps that you do not want anyone to open. With the help of UkeySoft File Lock, you can do just that. All you’ll need to do is to select the file and lock it with the password.
Another great feature of this tool is that once you set the password the first time, no one can uninstall the UkeySoft File lock. They’ll need to enter the password to uninstall it. There’s no way anyone can outsmart the security of this tool.
Besides these core features of the tool, there are a few others to add value.
- You can monitor file or folder activity within the UkeySoft File Lock tool. It will show you creation date, modification date, and other critical information about the file or folder that you have locked
- If you have shared any folder over LAN network, you can lock them from any unauthorized access. Other people trying to access the shared folder will need to enter the password to gain access. This is handy if you have multiple devices on the same network
- You can quickly recover your password in case you forget it. It will be sent to your registered email address, and you can then follow from there
- If you doubt someone can mess with UkeySoft File Lock software, then you can hide the tool itself. No one will ever know you have installed UkeySoft File Lock on your device
- Entering the wrong password more than five times will trigger the safety protocol and send an email to the registered address. The tool will temporarily block any further password attempts
UkeySoft File lock is available for Mac and Windows, and there’s a trial version that you can try. If you think features are worth the purchase, there are different plans to choose.
- 1-Year Subscription: $14.95
- Personal License: $24.95
- Family License: $44.95
- 1-Year Subscription: $29.95
- Personal License: $39.95
- Family License: $79.95
That’s all for now!
Software like UkeySoft File Lock is inevitable in today’s time when most of our sensitive data like bank statement are stored on Mac or Windows device. We may never realize the value of security until the day our data is compromised. The value of UkeySoft is too less compared to the value of your personal data. Think about it.
Do you use any special app to secure your personal files and folders on Mac or Windows PC? Share it in the comments section.