Bidding adieu to WhatsApp and moving to Telegram? The first thing that comes to mind when switching a chat platform is the fear of losing messages. Well, the good news is that you can transfer your WhatsApp chats to Telegram on your iPhone.
Hence, the platform lost a massive chunk of users to Telegram, among other alternative messaging platforms. This undoubtedly gave an impeccable surge in WhatsApp users willing to transfer messages to Telegram. While WhatsApp restricts this action even via third-party applications, Telegram offers an effective way to move and safeguard your chat history.
Here’s how it works on iPhone.
How to import WhatsApp chats into Telegram on iPhone
- In WhatsApp, open the chat you want to export.
- Tap the contact’s name at the top of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Export Chat.
Note: Choose whether to export media or not in the following popup.
- Next, you’ll get the share screen option. Select the Telegram app followed by the contact you wish to import the chat.
- Tap Import to confirm. The app will notify you once the process is completed.
Successfully transferred WhatsApp messages to Telegram on iPhone!
That’s all there is to it! Now that you are acquainted with the steps involved in transferring messages from WhatsApp to Telegram, are you prepared for the transition?
If the answer’s yes, you might also want to keep our Telegram tips and tricks handy for the best experience.
Did these steps help make your transition to Telegram easier? Share your feedback and thoughts in the comment section below.
- How to send disappearing messages in Telegram on iPhone
- Enable 2-step verification in Telegram on iPhone
- How to delete Telegram account permanently
- Use Signal on Desktop (Mac and Windows)
Mayank is a published author and a tech-blogger with over ten years of writing experience for various domains and industries. At iGeeks, he mostly writes about blogs that solve user-problems and guide them on unleashing the full potential of their Apple Device. He can often be found with his headphones on, typing to the rhythm of some country song.