After every iOS update, users of Apple products have raised concerns regarding some or other bugs. The same has happened with the update of iOS 8.4; many users have come up with a single complaint: Touch ID not working post iOS 8.4 update.
There can be multiple solutions to this problem; earlier too, users have faced similar problem of Touch ID after iOS 8.3 update. Now users are up against the Touch ID issue with iOS 8.4.
How to Fix Touch ID Issue in iOS 8.4 on iPhone and iPad
We don't believe in beating around the bush and hence, provide a good solution instead of offering trial-and-error solutions. Just follow a few simple steps and the Touch ID issue would be fixed.
Step #1. Launch Settings app on your iDevice.Step #2. Tap on Touch ID & Passcode.Step #3. Now tap on Fingerprint to delete it.Step #4. Following this, toggle off the switches of iPhone Unlock, iTunes & App Store and Apple Pay (Wallet, if you are using iOS 9 beta 3.)Step #5. Now tap on Turn Passcode Off.Step #6. Restart your iDevice.
Step #7. After your device is restarted, enable the Passcode.
Step #8. Now add Fingerprint.
Before you go for new Fingerprint addition, take care of the following:
- First off, ensure that your finger/s is/are clean and dry.
- Put your finger properly so that the Home Button is covered entirely.
- Never tap quickly.
- Never press down hard.
- Control your finger’s movement while Touch ID is scanning.
- Ensure that your finger touches the metal ring around the Home button.
- Ensure that mobile case/cover and/or screen guard doesn’t cover the Home button or the ring.
- If the Home button smudged with lotions, sweat, moisture, oil OR if your finger is cut or dry, you may not be able to add your fingerprint.
- If you add more than one fingerprints, Touch ID may take a little more time to identify your finger.
- Touch ID will not work for purchases in case Require Password is set Immediately. (Settings → Touch ID & Passcode → Require Passcode)
- Always clean the Home button with a lint-free cloth.
- Finally, launch Settings app, go to Touch ID & Passcode and check that your iPhone Unlock and iTunes & App Store are toggled ON.
If the issue persists, you can for “Reset All Settings”. Go to Settings → General → Reset → Reset All Settings.