Even after all ups and downs, Apple has passed through in the last five years, Tim Cook, company’s chief executive officer, has managed to win 92% approval rate from Apple’s employees.
In a survey conducted by Glassdoor, Tim Cook was chosen as one of the “employee’s choices.” Glassdoor is one of the world’s largest job and recruiting sites.
Apple CEO Receives 92% Approval Rate from Employees
Among the top 100 CEOs, Tim Cook stands at 69 with an approval rate of 92%. In Canada, Cook enjoys a higher ranking as he is at number 17 there with an approval rate of 94%.
This is Cook’s seventh appearance in the list of top 100 CEOs. However, Cook’s rating has continuously been sliding; notably, in 2016, Tim Cook stood at number 8, with a 96% approval rating. In the following year, Cook’s rating further dropped and he received 93% approval rate as he stood at number 43.
Many readers may question the integrity of the results as most of the working Apple employees would speak positively about their CEO. The fact is that every year, Glassdoor asks company executives to send their anonymous employee reviews, and therefore, the reviews can be more reliable and honest.
According to a press release, the top ten CEOs in 2019 in the United States are:
- VMware’s Pat Gelsinger (99% approval)
- H E B’s Charles C. Butt (99% approval)
- In-N-Out Burger’s Lynsi Snyder (99% approval)
- T-Mobile’s John Legere (99% approval)
- Adobe’s Shantanu Narayen (98% approval)
- Microsoft’s Satya Nadella (98% approval)
- McKinsey & Company’s Kevin Sneader (98% approval)
- LinkedIn’s Jeff Weiner (97% approval)
- Intuitive Surgical’s Gary S. Guthart (97% approval)
- Best Buy’s Hubert Joly (97% approval)
Google’s Sundar Pichai and Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg stand at number 46 and 55 respectively, with a 94% approval rating.
Employees give ratings for the performance of CEOs. The anonymity of employees’ name imparts credibility of Glassdoor survey. We wish Tim Cook for an upgrade in the ranking and more approval next year.