How often have you found yourself in the pool of misunderstanding when texting? The last time it happened to me was 5 minutes ago! Sometimes, emojis, Gifs, and stickers are just not enough to express yourself. It turns out that Instagram understood this problem and launched DMs’ Selfie Stickers.
Selfie Stickers are, in the simplest words, GIF-like reaction emoji. You can record your expressions and overlay them with different emojis.
Once you upgrade your Instagram account, the feature will let you record short, fun videos. You can then DM it to your contacts or even save it to keep it handy for your next conversation. Sounds interesting? Let me show you how you can send selfie stickers on Instagram from your iPhone.
Note: To use the feature, you need to update your Instagram app and messaging app (yes, there’s a separate update within the app for it). Open the app → Tap on the hamburger icon at the top right corner → Tap on Settings → Tap on update messaging.
How to Use Instagram Selfie Stickers on iPhone
- In the Instagram app, tap on the chat icon at the top right corner, and open the conversation you wish to send Selfie Sticker.
- In the message typing section, tap on the GIF icon.
- Select ‘Selfie’ from the list of options.
- This will redirect you to a new window where you can capture your selfie sticker or record a video.
- Hold the iPhone in a manner that your face aligns perfectly with the sticker preview. Tap on the shutter icon once you choose an emoji overlay.
- You can set a timer as well as save the selfie Sticker by clicking on “Save Sticker” to reuse it later.
- Once you capture the Selfie Sticker, you can choose to send, save, or retake another.
Use Selfie Stickers on Instagram in DMs
What do you have to say about this feature? Did you like this amalgamation of Selfie and Sticker functionalities?
If you can’t see the feature even after updating it, wait for some time. Considering that the functionality is relatively new, it’ll gradually roll-in. Get ready to explore your creativity, and do let me know your thoughts about it in the comment section.
You would like to read these posts as well:
- How to Create Instagram Guides on iPhone
- Add Music to Instagram Stories on iPhone
- Post Live Photos on Instagram and Facebook from iPhone
- View Instagram Stories Anonymously
Mayank is a published author and a tech-blogger with over ten years of writing experience for various domains and industries. At iGeeks, he mostly writes about blogs that solve user-problems and guide them on unleashing the full potential of their Apple Device. He can often be found with his headphones on, typing to the rhythm of some country song.