New year, new resolutions, new shows, and a bulk load of entertainment, Disney+ is all set to rock your world. How exactly? Well, just check out the new TV shows on Disney+ in January 2020 for all your answers.
Ladies and gentlemen, fasten that seat belt as Disney brings you new originals like Encore to much-awaited revivals such as High School Musical. What’s more, there’s Forky, Muppets, Austin & Aully, and even Alex Wilder with his whole runaway team.
What’s New TV Shows on Disney+ in January 2020
Before you jump to the list, here are four shows coming on Disney+ that are surely worth a watch.
Disney+ January 2020 Highlights
#1. One Strange Rock – Streaming January 1st
The strangest place in the whole universe might just be here!
Hosted by Will Smith and featuring contributions from incredible astronauts like Chris Hadfield, Peggy Whitson, Jeffrey Hoffman, and more, this highly rated and loved documentary series tells the story of how life survives and thrives on our planet – The Earth! Eight astronauts tell this from their unique perspective of being away from Earth for multiple days!
Even if you are not too much into this stuff, you will find it impossible to stop watching once you start the first episode. Don’t believe me! Watch the trailer below. Until now, it was on Netflix, but from January 1, 2020, it will be coming to Disney+. Try not to miss this one!
#2. Runaways – Streaming January 10th
Dark Days Ahead
This TV Series on Disney Plus tells the story of 6 teenagers (runaways). They come from different backgrounds and have left their homes and evil parents. Now they must learn how to live on their own. The story shows them finding food, searching for shelter, looking after one another, and more.
Season 3 will be unveiled on January 10, 2020, on Disney+. Until then, you may watch the prior two seasons already available on this streaming service.
#3. Encore! – Streaming January 9th
Lizzy Caplan on The IMDb SHOW said that she thinks Encore! is the best show on TV! Episode 9 will be released on January 9 on Disney+. Host Kristen Bell reunites former classmates of high school musicals and re-creates their original performance.
The show is emotional and connects the chords! It is fun watching adults perform skits after so many years, with many of them being parents to grownup kids!
#4. The Lodge – Streaming January 1st
Fun, Mystery, Drama
A musical drama and mystery series that releases on January 1, 2020, on Disney+. The Lodge is a story of a fifteen-year-old girl (Skye) who moves to the North Star Lodge, which is a local hotel in rural Northern Ireland. She finds it hard to mix with other teenagers (most of whom have no good intentions) who live and work in the hotel.
Overtime, Skye develops an emotional attachment with the hotel, and when she discovers that her father is planning to sell it, she decides to convince him not to. Watch how this mystery unfolds!
New TV Shows Coming to Disney+ on January 1, 2020
- Muppet Babies Show and Tell, Seasons 2 and 3
- The Golden Touch
- Soy Luna, Season 1
- Out There with Jack Randall
- Tokyo Mater
- Randy Cunningham 9th Grade Ninja, Seasons 1 and 2
- Unidentified Flying Mater
- Super Rhino
- The Proud Family, Seasons 1 and 2
- El Materdor
- Rescue Squad Mater
- Moon Mater
- The Super Hero Squad Show, Seasons 1 and 2
- Time Travel Mater
- Austin & Ally, Seasons 1 to 4
- Marvel Super Hero Adventures, Seasons 2 and 3
- Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors – Battle of the Bands
- Billy Dilley’s Super-Duper Subterranean Summer, Season 1
- Dog: Impossible – Reality TV Series
- Dr. K’s Exotic Animal ER, Season 8 – Reality TV Series
- Dr. Oakley, Yukon Vet, Season 7 – Reality TV Series
- Dr. T, Lone Star Vet – Reality TV Series
- First Class Chefs: Family Style – Reality TV Series
New TV Shows Coming to Disney+ on January 3, 2020
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series (and weekly on Fridays)
- Forky Asks a Question (and weekly on Fridays)
- Marvel’s Hero Project (and weekly on Fridays)
- Pick of the Litter (and weekly on Fridays)
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum (and weekly on Fridays)
So these were the TV Shows on Disney+ that will be made available in Jan 2020. Which ones are you excited about? Share your thoughts in the comments below. While you are here, consider bookmarking this page as we will be updating it every month with the latest releases!
You may want to take a peek at:
- How to Cancel your Disney+ Free Trial Plan
- Tips to Secure Your Disney Plus Account
- How to Download Movies and Shows in Disney+ App on iPhone and iPad