LG UltraFine 5K Display is now available at Apple website. Priced at $974, it features 5120-by-2880 resolution and P3 wide color gamut.
The ultra-large 27-inch display, with more than 14.7 million pixels, has been designed for perfect photo and video editing and watching high-resolution videos. The built-in stereo speakers, camera, and microphone offer fabulous media experience. Do you know that the LG UltraFine 5K Display is compatible to work with your older Macs?
The Mac Models Which Are Compatible LG UltraFine 5K Display
System requirements and compatible Mac models
The LG UltraFine 5K Display requires a compatible Mac running macOS Sierra 10.12.1 or later. (macOS Sierra 10.12.2 or later is recommended.)
You can use the LG UltraFine 5K Display with these Mac models:
5120 x 2880 @ 60Hz
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
With the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter and a Thunderbolt cable, you can use the LG UltraFine 5K Display at 4K and lower resolutions with these Mac models:
3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) and later
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2014) and later
- iMac (Retina, 27-inch, Late 2014) and later
- iMac (Retina, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)
- iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2015)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
3200 x 1800 @ 60Hz
- Mac mini (Late 2014)
One thing you must know that only the 2016 MacBook Pro models are capable of driving the display at its full 5120×2880 5K resolution.
Besides, only the newest MBP models can be powered by the LG UltraFine 5K Display; offering a single-cable connection. The display supports Thunderbolt 2 machines at lower resolutions.