Tablet insurance, although not so popular, is an important thing to consider if you value your gadget a lot. Theft, accidental damage, water – a lot of things can happen and going by the maxim, it is better to be safe than sorry, one would think that insurance is the safest bet.
Although it’s not so popular, people are becoming aware of the benefits. Corporates, for instance, prefer iPad insurances. But then again, not every company gets it done.
Frankly speaking, iPad insurances plans have become quite affordable. They’re often as costly as $5-$9 a month or in terms of one-time fees, $100 for a couple of years. For a $400+ gadget, that’s quite a cheap fee to shell out for the protection.
What’s Covered in iPad Insurance:
- Accidental damage: most accidents involve dropping the iPad on a hard surface; this usually leads to the device getting cracked, the shell tearing off etc.
- Theft (mostly): reports point to an increasing rate of gadget theft in the US; notably, the iPhone. Since the iPad Mini is equally easy to steal, buyers have to be careful about this.
- Fire accidents: accidents that involve fire might lead to burning of gadgets like the iPad which lie around the household.
- Liquid: flooding, tornadoes, snow storm, hurricanes; or say, accidental drop into the pool, ocean etc;
- All natural disasters
- Cracked screen: this is the most disastrous of all claims; a cracked screen is the most common result of dropping an iPad face-down or even otherwise.
Who are the Top Insurance companies?
View their Pricing: https://www.insureappleipad.com/pricing.html
Best Buy has it’s own gadget insurance cover you can get when you purchase iPads from them. You’ll need to get to the store to get the details depending on the status of the iPad.
3. Square Trade
One-time fee plans. Pretty good.
Yet another wonderful, clearly organized insurance group: http://www.worthavegroup.com/ipad
5. Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is very popular in the UK; it provides iPad insurance services in the U.S as well.