iOS 11.4 has come with some long-awaited features like AirPlay 2 multi-room audio and support for HomePod stereo pairs, Messages in iCloud. Apart from the new add-ons, the latest iOS update also includes several bug fixes.
The update has fixed some of the most stubborn issues like the one that causes the messages to appear out of order. It has also resolved the problem where certain character sequences forced the Messages to crash out. Head over to explore more!
iOS 11.4 Features, Changes and Bug Fixes
- It lets you have complete control over your home audio system and AirPlay 2-enabled speakers throughout your house.
- You can use it to play music at once on multiple AirPlay 2-enabled speakers in your house.
- You will be able to control AirPlay 2 supported speakers from Control Center, the Lock screen, or AirPlay controls within apps from your iOS device.
- You can also use your voice to control AirPlay 2 compatible speakers with Siri from your iOS device, HomePod, or Apple TV.
- It lets you take a call or play a game on your iOS device without stopping playback on your AirPlay 2-enabled speakers.
HomePod Stereo Pair
- It allows users to set up HomePod stereo pair using iOS device.
- HomePod pair has been designed to automatically detect its location in the room and balance the sound based on the speakers’ locations.
- Advanced beamforming offers wider soundstage than a traditional stereo pair.
Messages in iCloud
- It lets you store your messages, photos, and other attachments in iCloud. Therefore, when you sign into a new device using the same Apple ID, you will get all of your messages.
- Besides, whatever changes you make on device will reflect on all other devices synced with the same account. Moreover, your conversations will continue to be protected by end-to-end encryption.
Other Notable Improvements And Fixes
- iOS 11.4 allows teachers to assign their students reading activities in iBooks using the Schoolwork app.
- Shoots out the issue where certain character sequences caused the Messages to crash.
- Fixes Messages issue that could make messages appear out of order.
- Solves an issue that obstructed logging in or accessing files on Google Drive, Google Docs, and Gmail in Safari.
- Resolved the problem that could hinder data syncing in Health app.
- Troubleshoots an issue could disallow iPhone users from changing what apps can access Health data.
- Shoots out an issue that could cause an app to show up in an incorrect location on the Home screen.
- Fixes a bug that caused CarPlay audio to get distorted.
- Resolves a problem where selecting music from your iOS device could fail when connected to USB on some vehicles or playing music over Bluetooth.
What’s your take on the latest iOS version? Toss up your thoughts in the comments.
You might want to refer these posts as well:
- How to Improve iOS 11 battery life
- How to Fix Wi-Fi issue in iOS 11
- Tips to Speed up iPhone X
- How to Check Actual Signal strength in iOS 11