If you have purchased any Personal Computer or related device in the last Quarter of this year, thanks; you have contributed for a small rise in their global sales.
Sales of Personal Computing devices like Desktop, Notebooks, and Laptops have continued to show slight growth against looming trade war and global economic slowdown.
Lenovo, HP, Dell, Apple Mac Drive the Sales
Recent analyst reports for Quarter II 2019 as inferred from International Data Corporation (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Personal Computing Device Tracker and Gartner, Inc website show almost 65 million units (IDC (64.6 million) ) and 63 million units, respectively.
While IDC attributed shipment growth due to improved Intel processor availability, Gartner credited demand for Windows 10 for it.
Given below is our inference from individual analysts take over global sales of PCs for your information and knowledge.
International Data Corporation:
- Desktops, notebooks, and workstations totaled 64.9 million units
Year-over-year growth during the quarter reached 4.7%
- Anticipated growth not only driven by changes in the supply chain but Windows 7 to Windows 10 transitions
- Strong inventory pull, Back to school, Corporations refreshing systems ahead of Windows 7 EOS
- Deadline including PC as Service (PCaaS)
- In company ranking Lenovo topped with 32% market share and 16.2 million units shipped followed by HP with 3.2 % year on year growth; Dell
- Technologies logged 3.1% with Acer recording decline in sales though value segment performance continued while Apple Mac shipped 4.1 million units making inroads via other channels and avoiding potential tariffs with new notebooks as added inventory in hand for now.
International Data Corporation
- Worldwide PC market grew 1.5% in the second quarter of 2019
- Provisional Shipments estimated totaled 63 million units
- Worldwide demand resultant of demand for Windows 10
- Intel CPU shortage ebbing as large vendors offset small and mid-size ones in demand uptick
- Global trade and tariff wars may impact future growth – adds uncertainties to near term outlook
- Lenovo, HP Inc., and Dell — accounted for 64.1% of global PC shipments
- Top PC seller line-up: Lenovo, HP, Dell, Apple Mac, Acer group & Asus.
Now, that you have just purchased a Desktop, or a Laptop, or maybe a Notebook; would you like buying or replacing your smartphone? We have a few interesting views on them. Have you any?