Siri remote is made to be very advance; allowing you to control your Apple TV with ease. Even better, you can use the trackpad on your Siri remote to navigate through the TV more comfortably.
So, whether you want to move around the screen fast, select anything or effortlessly control any fast-paced game, the trackpad can be of immense help. Based on your convenience, you can even adjust the sensitivity of the touch surface. For instance, you have the option to completely slow it down or put it in the fast lane!
How to Use Your Trackpad on Siri Remote
How to Tap Trackpad on Siri Remote to Move One Step at a Time
Using tap, you can navigate through the interface of your TV at your own pace.
Step #1. First off, just touch your thumb on the trackpad and then tap the left, right, top, or bottom of the trackpad to move a step.
Step #2. Keep tapping until you have moved to the desired location.
How to Swipe the Trackpad on Siri Remote
If you want to navigate through the menus fast, swiping would be of great help.
- Lightly touch your thumb on the trackpad and swipe it up, down, left, or right to swiftly scroll on the Apple TV.
- Slowly swipe your thumb to scroll slowly.
- To scroll fast, begin from the edge of the trackpad and swipe your thumb toward the other side.
- While playing a power-packed game, swipe the trackpad in a circular motion to control the game fast.
- To move around the screen, simply swipe up, down, left, or right.
- To scroll through lists, you need to quickly swipe up or down several times.
- If an index is next to the list, you need to swipe right and then highlight a letter to jump over to that place in the list.
How to Adjust the Sensitivity of Trackpad on the Siri Remote
Step #1. Launch Settings app on your Apple TV and then select Remotes and Devices.
Step #2. Now, you need to select Touch Surface Tracking.
Step #3. Next, you have three options to choose from: slow, medium and fast.
How to Select Using Trackpad on the Siri Remote
Step #1. Simply press your thumb on the trackpad and the press down to select an item.
Step #2. You need to press the trackpad twice to double-click in supported apps and games.
Step #3. Press and hold the trackpad while selecting an app to trigger jiggle mode.
Siri remote is very functional in letting you seamlessly control your Apple TV. But just in case, you are not quite impressed with it, you can use your Apple Watch and even your iPhone to control the digital media player. Besides, you can also use a third-party remote with your set-top box.
I’m sure you may want to check out these related posts:
- How to Use Apple TV Remote from iOS 11 Control Center
- How to Use Your Apple Watch As Apple TV Remote
- How To Use Any Third Party Remote With Apple TV
- Best Apple TV Remote Cases/Covers