To never let workloads get over my head, I make sure to catch up with some of the coolest videos while working on MacBook to keep the mood cheered up. So, whether I'm writing an email or making a project, I enjoy watching videos simultaneously—thanks largely to PiP mode. Interestingly, enabling Picture-in-Picture mode on MacBook Pro with Touch Bar is quite straightforward. It's like touch-and-go!
The moment you start watching videos in a supported app, you will see PiP button in the Touch Bar. Then, all you have to do is just tap on the button to start things off. From there on, you will be able to adjust the video as per your convenience.
How to Use Picture-in-Picture Mode on MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
Step #1. Open Safari on your Mac.
Step #2. Next, you need to head over to your favorite site where you wish to enjoy videos.
Step #3. Now, navigate to the video you want to play. Then, play the video as usual.
Step #4. Next up, tap on the PiP button in the Touch Bar.
Alternately, you can click on the PiP mode button at the bottom right side of the video (Method is bit different for YouTube.)
For YouTube, double-click twice and click Enter Picture-in-Picture Mode.
Now, you will see PiP window on your screen. Also, check out the confirmation that the video is playing in Picture-in-Picture.
How to Control PiP Videos in macOS High Sierra
- You can easily adjust the PiP window to suit your needs better. Drag it at any of the four corners of the screen.
- To pause the video, click on the play button. To resume it, just click on the pause button.
- To return to the main screen or disable it, click on the PiP button in the window.
- If you wish to use the full screen of your laptop without closing the video, drag it out of the screen. To bring it back, simply click on the PiP handle.
- To completely stop the video, click on the “X” button to remove the window.
Rev Up Your Multitasking!
macOS High Sierra may not be as feature-rich as its predecessor, but it's more secure and functional. The one feature I like in the latest version of macOS is the option to enable Type to Siri. Which is your favorite feature in High Sierra? Share your feedback in the comments below.
You might want to refer:
- How to Enable Picture-in-Picture Mode in iOS 11 on iPad
- How to Use Drag and Drop in iOS 11 on iPad
- How to Customize Touch Bar