Although notifications are a perfect way to make sure you never miss an alert, giving your phone a break when driving is always a smart decision; luckily, there are features available on iOS built for better driving habits. Apple proposed a Do Not Disturb While Driving feature with iOS 11 designed to mute incoming calls, messages, and alerts while you’re driving to reduce accident-causing distractions. So, if you’re not familiar with this feature, let me show you how you can enable and use ‘Do Not Disturb While Driving’ mode on iPhone.
- How to Turn ON Do Not Disturb While Driving on iPhone
- Use Control Center to Toggle DND While Driving Mode
- What to Expect When Do Not Disturb While Driving is Turned ON?
How to Turn ON Do Not Disturb While Driving on iPhone
- Open the Settings on your iPhone and then tap on Do Not Disturb.
- Scroll down and tap on Activate.
- Select Automatically to enable it.
Now, it automatically starts this mode when it senses that you are driving. To set it up manually, follow the given steps.
Use Control Center to Toggle DND While Driving Mode
- Open Settings on your iPhone
- Tap on Control Center.
- Now, look for Do Not Disturb While Driving under More Controls and tap on Add.
- You will see Do Not Disturb While Driving in the Included Controls.
Now, open Control Center, and tap on DND while Driving icon.
To Turn Off the feature, you can simply go to Settings → Do Not Disturb → Turn the toggle Off.
Note: To remove this feature from the Included Controls in Control Center directly, you can long-press on the DND While Driving option and drag it to the More Controls.
What to Expect When Do Not Disturb While Driving is Turned ON?
1. Phone Calls
When in Do Not Disturb mode, you will have an option to get calls only from your Favorite Contacts or from a person calling you up more than twice. In case your phone gets connected to your car through Bluetooth, calls will be received as usual.
- Go to Settings → Do Not Disturb → Allow Calls From → Favorites.
- You may also turn on Repeated Calls, which will allow a second call from someone calling you within three minutes of their last call.
2. Choose Auto-Reply Options
As you know that Texting While Driving is fatal for which we are responsible. So, it is better to set up Auto-reply while driving to not get distracted. To get more detailed information on the feature, you can refer to our article.
3. Commuting Not Driving
In case you are traveling, but not on the driver’s seat and you’ve turned on the Automatically DND feature. The feature would not allow you to use your iPhone as it would sense that you are Driving. In that case, you can turn the feature off by choosing I’m not Driving.
4. Parental Controls
So as to develop safe driving habits in your child, you can activate the feature. The feature would not let your child turn it off without the parent’s passcode.
- Open Settings and tap on Screen Time to turn it on.
- Now, tap on Continue, then select This is my child’s iPhone, and you will be able to restrict your child to do certain unsafe activities while driving.
- Now, Tap Continue and create Parent’s Passcode.
- Scroll down and find Do Not Disturb While Driving, then tap Don’t Allow.
Emergency SOS feature would also help you in case you meet with an accident while driving. To get a more detailed overview of the same, you can go through our article.
Texting or Calling is highly restricted while driving as it might harm you and any other person traveling with you. It is better to keep yourself updated to such features that allow you to stay focused while driving. What do you think about this feature? Share your views in the comment section below! Till then, stay upgraded and stay safe! We’ll keep you updated with more such insights!