After a long wait, Business Chat has finally been rolled out with iOS 11.3. It’s an all-new way for organizations to connect with customers directly from within Messages app. As a customer, you can quickly reach out to businesses, ask any questions and get the quick fix! Knowing how eagerly many of you would be craving for this feature, we have made a quick guide to let you use Business Chat on iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch.
Using Business Chat, you can get instant answers to questions, resolve issues and complete transactions on your iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch. Customers can find your business and start conversations with you. One thing worth mentioning is that currently, Business Chat is available only in the US. More after the break:
How to Use Business Chat on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch
How to Sing Up for Business Chat
Businesses need to register with Apple and sign-up with the customer service platforms that have already integrated with Business Chat. Some of the customer service platforms are LivePerson, Salesforce, Nuance, Genesys, InTheChat, and Zendesk. Head over to https://developer.apple.com/business-chat/ to get started and follow the instructions to sign up.
How to Start Using Business Chat
- Make sure you have iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is running iOS 11.3 or later. You will also be able to respond to your conversations with your Apple Watch or Mac, provided they are running the latest version of watchOS and macOS respectively.
- Businesses aren’t allowed to start a conversation with you.
- They will only respond to you with relevant information.
- Your personal information remains secure and is not shared with businesses until you provide it.
You can use Maps, Safari, Siri, and Search and also the support businesses’ websites and apps. Simply search for the business and then tap on the message button and start the conversation as usual.
Just in the message button doesn’t appear when you search for a business, it might not be verified with Business Chat. Keep in mind, not all verified businesses may not have the same capabilities as making purchases or scheduling appointments through Business Chat.
How to End a Business Chat in iOS 11 on iPhone and iPad
Once you have used the Business Chat conversation, you can delete the thread to completely end the conversation.
If you want to return to the conversation, you can keep the thread open and send messages as needed. Businesses will be able to send you relevant messages if you don’t delete the conversation.
Even if you delete a conversation on one device, you will be able to view the message thread on your other devices. However, the thread will need to be enabled to start the conversation again.
Have your say
I find Business Chat enormously helpful for both businesses and customers. What do you think about it?
You might want to read these posts as well:
- Best iPad Project Management Apps
- How to Customize iMessage App Drawer in iOS 11
- Best WhatsApp Alternatives for iPhone
- How to Send/Receive Apple Pay Cash using iMessage