iTunes has always been a great media player. What defines or rather sets it apart is purity. That’s primarily the main reasons why I love to play my favorite tracks via this popular media library whenever I’m working on my Mac. To ensure my music time continues to be in the high spirit or remain perfectly on track with my mood, I use my Apple Watch as a remote control for iTunes.
Whether it’s navigating tracks or adjusting volume, the Apple Watch works as a handy remote for iTunes. Want to try it out? Here you go!
How to Set Up iTunes and Apple Watch Remote App
Note: Before moving ahead with the process, you need to ensure that your computer and Apple Watch are on the same Wi-Fi network.
Step #1. Launch the Remote app on your Apple Watch.
Step #2. Next, you have to tap on Add Device.
Step #3. You will see 4 digits on your Apple Watch.
Step #4. In iTunes on your computer, click the tiny play button.
Step #5. On your computer, you need to enter the 4-digit code that appears on your Apple Watch.
How to Control iTunes Using Your Apple Watch
Once you have set up your Remote app, select your iTunes library and then control it using your smartwatch.
- Just in case you have only one library, you can start playing your music right away. You need to select the library that you wish to listen on your watch; if you have more than one
- Already playing the music? Then, tap on the three tiny lines and select a library
- You can use the controls in Remote to play or pause your music or to go to the previous or next track
- Turn the Digital Crown to change the volume
Video: How to Use your Apple Watch as a Remote Control for iTunes
Apple Watch is the most selling smartwatch and one of the most sought after wearable devices in the world. Apart from working as an able extension of your iPhone, it is considered as a superior fitness device; letting you keep a tab on your workout with ease. That apart, you can even turn it into a handy remote to control your Apple TV.
How much satisfied are you with your Watch and what are the new features you want to see in the upcoming Apple Watch Series 3? Toss up your feedback/views in the comments below.
Take a look at these posts as well:
- Best Apple Watch Finance Apps
- Best Apple Watch Calculator Apps
- How to Delete Apple Watch Backups from iPhone
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.