Controlling Apple TV using iPhone is a smooth-sailing affair. And I find it a lot better than Siri remote both regarding functionality and convenience. However, I prefer to use Apple Watch as Apple TV remote whenever the smartwatch is sitting right on my wrist.
Controlling Apple Watch as Apple TV remote is so straightforward. Once you have paired your watch with your TV, you can play your favorite movies and TV shows, browse apps and games and even control your music effortlessly. Let's get started!
How to Control Apple TV with Your Apple Watch
How to Set Up Apple Watch Remote App to Control Apple TV
You need to first set up your Apple Watch remote app for Apple TV to get things started.
Step #1. First off, open the Remote app on your Apple Watch.
Step #2. Next, tap Add Device. Now, you will get a four-digit code to enter on Apple TV.
Step #3. Next, you have to turn on your Apple TV and launch Settings app.
Step #4. Then, select Remotes and Devices.
Step #5. Select Remote App and choose Apple Watch under Pairable Devices.
Then, you need to enter the four-digit code from your Apple Watch.
Once you have entered the code, Apple Watch will be paired as a remote. Now, you can use it to control your Apple TV.
How to Use the Apple Watch Remote app with Apple TV
Step #1. Launch the Remote app on your Apple Watch.
Step #2. Next, you have to tap the Apple TV icon to select your Apple TV.
Step #3. Now, you can swipe up, down, left, or right to navigate the Apple TV interface.
- If you want to start or stop audio and video playback, simply tap play/pause in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- If you wish to select an item, just tap the Apple Watch's display.
- To go back, tap Menu in the bottom left the corner of the screen.
- To go back to your connected devices, tap the Devices icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- In order to forward or rewind content, tap the play/pause icon and then swipe left or right.
How to Remove Apple TV from Apple Watch Remote App
Don't want to use your smartwatch to control Apple TV anymore? No problem. You can easily remove your TV from the Remote app.
Step #1. Open the Remote app on your Apple Watch and press firmly on the screen to activate the options menu.
Step #2. Now, tap Edit.
Step #3. Next, you have to tap on X on the Apple TV you wish to remove.
Step #4. Finally, tap Remove.
How to Remove your Apple Watch as a Remote from Apple TV
There is also an option to remove the Watch as a remote from Apple TV.
Step #1. Launch Settings app on Apple TV and select Remotes and Devices.
Step #2. Next, you have to select Remote App.
Step #3. Now, you need to select your Apple Watch.
Step #4. Finally, click on Remove.
Simply put iWatch is your seamless Apple TV remote. As for convenience, it can beat even your iOS device; to a great extent. What's your feedback about it?
You might also like to glance through:
- How to Switch Between List View and Grid View in watchOS 4
- How to Automatically Enable Do Not Disturb During Workout on Apple Watch
- How to Remove Apple Watch Passcode