Controlling Apple TV had never been so smooth-sailing before! Thanks to the addition of Apple TV remote to Control Center, you can comfortably navigate through the TV right from your iPhone. So if Siri remote hasn’t been up to the mark and you are willing to try out a more efficient software remote, follow through this complete guide to set up and use Apple TV remote in Control Center on your iOS 11 device.
You can comfortably navigate through your TV menu using the software remote. Control more than one connected TVs. There is also an option to skip forward/backward tracks that are currently playing. Let’s find out more!
How to Add Apple TV Remote to the Control Center on iPhone and iPad
Step #1. Launch the Settings app on your iOS device → Tap on Control Center.
Step #3. Tap on Customize Controls.
Step #4. Now, tap on the “+” button to the left of the Apple TV Remote.
How to Control Apple TV Right from the Control Center on your iPhone and iPad
Note: Ensure that your iPhone and the Apple TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Step #1. Just swipe from the bottom of the screen to bring up Control Center.
Step #2. Now, you need to tap on the Apple TV button to launch the controls.
Next, all you have to do to control your TV is swipe sideways, swipe up and down in the middle. In terms of functionality, it’s very much like a touchpad.
- Just swipe over the pad to navigate menus.
- Tap it to select items. Swipe or tap it during playback to rewind or fast-forward.
- If a menu item needs keyboard entry, a keyboard will show up on the screen.
- Check out the buttons to skip forward and backward 10 seconds. These buttons appear only when something is playing.
- The Play/Pause button is on the bottom-left.
- Simply press Play to start some of your favorite items instead of checking out iTunes Extras menus or its details.
- Just press and hold the Home button for a few seconds. Now, you will get the option to put your TV to sleep. One thing you need to know that it will also put the connected TV in the sleep mode.
- Press and hold the Siri button on the bottom right to ask a query. The answer will appear on your TV screen.
- Simply hit the Menu button once to go back a level.
- To access Apple TV’s app switcher, Double-tap the Home In the app switcher, you will be able to swipe between apps. To force quit any app, simply swipe it up.
Note: The software remote doesn’t have volume buttons. Hence, you can’t adjust your TV volume.
How to Restart your Apple TV Using Your iPhone and iPad
The software remote allows you to reboot your Apple TV with ease.
Step #1. Hold down Play/Pause and Home button.
Step #2. When the light on your Apple TV blinks, release the buttons.
Your TV will restart now.
How to Control Multiple Apple TV Using Your iPhone and iPad
Step #1. First off, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to bring up Control Center.
Step #2. Now, you need to tap on the name of your Apple TV at the top to reveal a list of all the Apple TVs on the network.
Step #3. Next, select a different Apple TV to control.
With the addition of software TV remote in CC, it’s become a lot easier to control Apple TV now, isn’t it? The redesigned Control Center has become more functional in the latest iOS ecosystem. For instance, you can perfectly customize it to suit your needs better. More interestingly, it works at its very best even on the non-3D touch devices. What do you think of the new design of CC?
You might want to catch up with: