Prior to iOS 11, AirDrop icon used to be visible in the Control Conter. But with the latest iOS version, it’s slightly under the wraps. Hence, some users might wonder where is AirDrop icon on iPhone X.
For those unfamiliar, AirDrop allows users to share content like photos, videos, files and more with other Apple devices nearby. It makes the sharing content between devices super convenient without the loss of any quality. Using AirDrop on iPhone X is as easy as it’s on other iOS devices. Read on to know how it works:
How to Use AirDrop on iPhone X
- How to Customize AirDrop from Settings App on iPhone X
- How to Access AirDrop from Control Center on iPhone X
- How to Share Content with AirDrop on iPhone X
- How to Receive Content with AirDrop on iPhone X
How to Choose Who Can See Your Device in AirDrop and Send You Content on iPhone X
You can customize AirDrop both from Control Center and Settings app on your iPhone X. Besides, you have the option to choose who can see your device in AirDrop and send you content.
Customize AirDrop from Settings App on iPhone X:
Access AirDrop from Control Center on iPhone X:
Simply swipe down from the top right corner of the screen to open Control Center. Then, you need to press deeply or touch and hold the network settings card in the upper-left corner and tap AirDrop.
Then select one of the options:
- Receiving Off: Choose it to disallow AirDrop requests.
- Contacts Only: Only your contacts will be able to see your device.
- Everyone: To allow all nearby iOS/macOS devices using AirDrop can see your iPhone.
Note: Just in case you see Receiving Off and can’t tap to change it, open Settings → General → Restrictions and ensure that AirDrop is turned on.
How to Share Content with AirDrop on iPhone X
- Make sure you have turned on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on your device. And they must be on the device you are sending the content as well.
- If you have turned on Personal Hotspot on, disable it. Make sure it’s turned off on the device you are sending the content as well. Setting app → Personal Hotspot and toggle it off. Ensure that the person you’re sending content to is nearby.
- The receiver must not be out of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range.
- If the receiver’s AirDrop receiving setting is set to Contacts Only, only the person in his/her contacts will be able to share contents.
- They need to set AirDrop receiving setting to Everyone to allow anyone to send them content.
Step #1. To share content using AirDrop, open an app and select the item. In this test, I’m going to share some of my favorite images.
Step #2. Once you have selected images, tap on Share button.
How to Receive Content with AirDrop on iPhone X
Whenever anyone shares content with you using AirDrop, you will get an alert with a preview of the content. Tap on tap Accept or Decline in the alert.
Just in case you share AirDrop content to yourself, like from your iPhone X to iPad Pro which are synced with the same iCloud account, you won’t get an alert to Accept or Decline.
So, take the full advantage of Apple’s ad-hoc service to easily share files from your new iPhone. Let us know your feedback about it in the comments below.
Catch up with these posts as well:
- How to use Reachability on iPhone X
- How to train Face ID to recognize weird faces on iPhone X
- Tips to avoid screen burn-in issues on iPhone X
- How to improve iPhone X battery life