YouTube is one of the best online video sharing platforms. While iOS users had the tap-to-upload option for YouTube in the Photos app lately, recent versions have it missing. But don’t worry, we’ve got your back with a reliable way to upload videos to YouTube from your iPhone or iPad. So, let’s get started.
- How to Upload a Video to YouTube iOS App
- How to Upload a Video to YouTube Using Safari on iPhone or iPad
How to Upload a Video to YouTube iOS App
First off, download the YouTube app from the App Store, if you have not already.
- Open the YouTube app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Record icon on the top right
- If asked, give YouTube permission to access your camera and photos.
- There will appear three options. Record, Live and select from videos.
- Choose your video from the list or select record.
- Trim and Edit the video if you want according to your preferences and then hit Next.
- Add a Title and Description.
- You can also choose the privacy of your video from Public, Unlisted, and Private.
- Once you’re done, hit Upload on the top right corner.
Your video will start uploading. Once finished, it will appear in your Videos list.
Some Essential Points To Be Noted:
- The length of the title and description is set to be 100 and 5000 characters respectively.
- Also, if your video is longer than 15 minutes, you’ll have to trim it. Only verified accounts can upload a video above this duration.
- To verify your account, go to www.youtube.com/verify. Make sure you’ll need a phone number to verify your account via SMS or voice call.
- After your upload is done, go to studio.youtube.com to set audience settings. You’ll have let YouTube know if you’ve created the video for kids and it complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- If your iPhone is running on iOS 14, the option of COPPA is already featured in the app version of YouTube.
How to Upload a Video to YouTube Using Safari on iPhone or iPad
- Open a Safari app on your iPhone and go to Youtube.com
- Sign in with your details.
- Then tap on your Account icon on the top right corner.
- Tap on the Upload icon.
- You’ll be redirected to the desktop site of YouTube Studio. On that, tap Select Files.
- Choose your video from Photo Library or Take Photo or Video and Browse.
- Add Title and description.
- Choose the thumbnail from suggested options.
- Select the option whether or not it is made for kids from the bottom and hit Next.
- Tap Next again to go to the Visibility page.
- If you select Private, you can Save the video in your playlist.
- If you select Public, you can Upload it from the bottom right corner.
So that was it! Which way you’re going to upload a video to YouTube from iPhone or iPad? Let us know in the comment section below.
- Loop a YouTube Video on iPhone, Android, and Computer
- How to Turn ON or OFF Restricted Mode on YouTube
- Use YouTube in Picture in Picture Mode on iPhone and iPad
- iOS 14: How to Watch 4K YouTube Videos on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV