For folks who have chosen not to upgrade to iOS 7 but are stuck on iOS 6.1.3/4/5, untethered jailbreak was not an option until now. The team involving @iH8snow, @winocm and others has released an untethered jailbreak tool for non-A7 iDevices running iOS 6.1.3/4/5.
Here’s more on the new untethered jailbreak, compatibility and how to jailbreak your iDevice using the p0sixspwn.
Untethered Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3, 6.1.4 & 6.1.5 Compatibility:
The jailbreak is untethered, meaning you don’t have to connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer every time you reboot. The jailbreak is compatible with all A5+ devices. This includes:
- iPhone 5, 4s, 4, 3GS
- iPad 4, 3, 2, 1, mini (original)
- iPod Touch 4G and 5G
If you have any of these devices running iOS 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 or 6.1.5, this jailbreak will work for you.
Note: At the moment of writing this, there is only a Mac version of p0sixspwn.
How to Untethered Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3, 6.1.4 & 6.1.5 on iDevice
- Go to http://p0sixspwn.com
- Download the jailbreak software (Note that some users seem to report download errors while using Safari. If that’s the case, use Chrome to download the zip file).
- Connect your iDevice to the computer. Backup your device before proceeding.
- Quit iTunes (after you have backed up).
- Extract and run the jailbreak software.
- The jailbreak tool will automatically detect the device and jailbreak your iPhone/iPad/iTouch.
- Just follow through the process. Your iDevice will reboot automatically.
iOS 6.1.3-6.1.5 have remained ouside the purview of untethered jailbreak for quite a long time. Evad3rs was busy with iOS 7 releasing a jailbreak last week.
Make sure you have backed up your iDevice. This is very important. If something goes wrong during the jailbreak, you should be able to restore to the backup. Also, if you wish to restore only to iOS 6.1.3-5, you’ll need an older iTunes as the new update prevents you from restoring to custom firmwares that are older than the latest (iOS 7).