Maybe you are planning to change your SIM card or maybe a better plan from other carriers has caught your eyes. Perhaps, you aren’t pleased with T-Mobile’s offerings that have forced you to look beyond. Whatever could be your personal story, you will be able to get your iPhone unlocked from T-Mobile. If you aren’t sure how to get started, let us guide you through.
How to Unlock T-Mobile iPhone [2019 Method]
Before kickstarting the whole process, keep in mind a few pivotal things. Also, ensure that your iPhone ideally meets all the following requirements.
First things first, do note that not all carriers accept every unlocked iPhone (or for that matter any smartphone). So, contact the carrier (you want to switch) to get to know whether or not your iOS device will work on their network.
The next thing worth reiterating is ensuring your iPhone meets every condition. T-Mobile has put in place several requirements and restrictions which every device holder must fulfill. Once you have taken care of all the essentials, you can request an unlock code for your iPhone.
- Your iPhone must not be blocked to T-Mobile
- The device must not be reported as stolen or lost
- Your device must have been bought from T-Mobile
- Ensure that your T-Mobile account hasn’t been canceled
- Make sure your T-Mobile account is fair and square
- A user can’t request more than two unlock codes per line service in a year
- Besides, the carrier provider may ask you for proof of purchase or additional information. So, get everything ready
If You Have Postpaid Accounts, Make Sure to Check Out the Following Requirements.
- Ensure that the account balance is zero (even if it has been canceled)
- Your iPhone must have been active on the T-Mobile network for at least 40 days on the same line
- The smartphone must have been paid in full
- Your phone must have been active on the account for at least one year. Or ensure that your account has at least $100 in refills since it came into being
Sticky Note: The first payment for account activation and credits/adjustments are not considered as refills. T-Mobile also states that $100 in total refills is needed for each device that is being unlocked.
How to Request an Unlock Code from T-Mobile
There are multiple ways to request an unlock code from T-Mobile. If there is a nearby T-Mobile store, you can visit there and ask for the process. Moreover, you can also contact customer service to start the process.
Sticky Note: Do note that it entirely depends on T-Mobile (as is usually the case with all other carriers) to accept or deny any request.
Get Your T-Mobile iPhone Unlocked Through CellUnlocker.net
CellUnlocker.net is a well-known cellular unlocker for T-Mobile iPhone. The service claims to unlock even unpaid bill status and blacklisted devices.
What’s more, it even says to unlock all the T-Mobile iPhone models including iPhone 5, 5s and the 2019 iPhones. So, if you need the help of a third-party tool to get the job done a bit faster, check it out.
Step #1. To get going, simply head over to CellUnlocker.net site.
Step #2. Next, enter your device model, select the network your iPhone is locked to. Also, enter the IMEI of your phone.
Step #3. Once you have filled out all the basic info, click on Check Unlock Now. Then, follow the instructions to unlock your T-Mobile iPhone.
So, that’s the way you can remove the cellular lock from your T-Mobile iPhone. I would recommend you to first go through the process yourself without the help of any third-party. If your device meets all the requirements, removing the lock would be easy. Just in case, you get stuck somewhere due to an issue, then only use a third-party cellular unlocker.
You might want to read these posts as well:
- How to Unlock AT&T iPhone
- How to Bypass Activation Lock on iPhone and iPad
- How to Unlock Sprint iPhone
- How to check iPhone Activation Lock status online
Suraj is a digital marketing expert on the iGB's team. He contributes to the social media section along with tips and tricks for iPhone, Apple Watch. Apart from blogging, he likes to work out as much as he can in his gym and love to listening to retro music.