I guess quite a lot of people know that tablets can be turned into a dynamic photo frame when they’re not being used. The case is so true of all the iPads including the latest iPad with Retina Display. If you like having digital photo frames, you can turn your iPad into one using the Picture Frame feature.
Apple’s iOS for the iPad has some tablet-specific features. “Picture Frame” is one of them. The feature lets you showcase photos from your albums, effectively turning your iPad into a digital photo frame. In the following tutorial, you’ll learn all about setting up and starting the Picture Frame.
Turn ON Picture Frame
Picture Frame is turned on by default but let’s make sure it’s ON.
- Open Settings on your iPad
- Tap on General
- Scroll down and tap on “Passcode Lock”
- Turn ON the switch for Picture Frame
Set Up Picture Frame
Picture Frame lets you control a variety of things like which photos to show, how long should each photo be displayed, what the transition should be like etc.
- Open Settings
- Tap on “Picture Frame”
- Choose Transition
- Configure the time option (3 seconds, 5 seconds etc.) I think a 5-second delay would be good
- The “Zoom in on Faces” feature creates a slow zooming in effect (on a face on the photo being displayed with the Dissolve transition)
- Enable “Shuffle” if you want a random pick of the photo to be displayed
- Now, you can either choose to show all photos on the picture frame or specific photos from a pre-selected album. You can choose multiple albums too.
- Once done, head back to the homescreen.
Turning the iPad into Picture Frame
- Press the power/sleep button to switch off the screen of the iPad.
- Press it again to turn it back on and get to the lock screen.
- Now, you’ll find a small “flower icon” to the right of ‘slide to unlock.’
- Tap this and the Picture Frame will begin.
Popular use of the Picture Frame is when you don’t use your iPad much (say, at the office, where you would be working on a Mac/PC) and you can make it a digital photo frame instead, relishing some of the best memories of your life in pictures.