After months of beta testing and a long trail of wait, WhatsApp dark mode has finally embraced the iPhone. And from the looks of it, the implementation does appear seamless in the messaging app. So, if you were waiting in the wings for this feature, let me help you to turn on WhatsApp dark mode on the iPhone.
To get started, make sure you have updated WhatsApp to the latest version (version 2.20.30.)
How to Enable WhatsApp Dark Mode on iPhone in iOS 14 or 13
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- Now, tap on Display & Brightness and then select the Dark theme.
That’s pretty much it!
Now, head into WhatsApp and the entire user-interface will be pitch black. Now, go ahead and chat with your buddies as long as you want, knowing your eyes will no longer strain or burn even after a long messaging spree in the low-light environments.
There you go!
So, that’s how you can use WhatsApp dark mode on the iPhone. Now, Facebook’s all the major offerings including Instagram and Messenger have embraced the dark theme, I expect the social networking app to also get on board sooner than later. Fingers crossed.
You might want to catch up with these posts as well:
- How to Use WhatsApp on Apple Watch with WatchChat 2
- How to Type Bold, Italics, and Strikethrough in WhatsApp
- Change WhatsApp Notifications Sound On iPhone
- How to Hide WhatsApp Status from Specific Contacts
What’s your take on this newly rolled out feature in WhatsApp? Sound off in the comments.