Apple’s AirPods and PowerBeats Pro have become stronger with iOS 13 Announce Messages With Siri feature. This new facility allows users to respond to a message by dictating Siri. When there is an incoming message in Messages app on your iPhone or iPad, Siri reads out the message and next you can send a reply. But not all messages need your attention, so you would want Siri should not announce all the messages. Well, you can stop Siri from announcing messages on your iOS device running iOS 13 and iPadOS.
Siri’s announcements of messages work on second generation AirPods and PowerBeats Pro. The H1 chip is responsible for this feature. After updating to iOS 13, when you connect your headphones to your iPhone or iPad for the first time, a pop-up prompts you to turn on Announce Messages With Siri. In case you don’t want to allow Siri to announce messages. follow along as I show you how you can turn off Announce Messages With Siri feature.
How to Disable Message Announcements in iOS 13 and iPadOS
In case you don’t wish to listen to Siri announcing messages, you can turn off this feature.
Step #1. Launch Settings app on your iPhone.
Step #2. Next, Tap on Notifications.
Step #3. Now, tap on Announce Messages With Siri.
Step #4. Toggle the switch OFF.
How to Manage Siri Message Announcements for a Specific App
You can stop Siri from announcing message for a specific app on your iPhone or iPad.
Step #1. Open the Settings app → Tap on Notifications.
Step #2. Tap on Announce Messages With Siri.
Step #3. Then tap on Messages.
Step #4. Here, you need to toggle the switch On/Off to announce messages for a specific app.
Step #5. There are four types of contacts you get notifications from: Everyone, Recents, All Contacts, and Favorites.
- Everyone is a default selection on your device; this means, Siri will read all the incoming messages.
- Recents will announce messages of people with whom you frequently chat. However, if there is a message from your bank, Siri perhaps won’t read such messages.
- All Contacts means Siri will read out all messages sent from contacts listed in your phone book. Should there any message from persons not listed in your phone book, Siri won’t read out those messages. It is a better way to keep spam messages silent.
- Favorites is probably the best option as Siri will announce messages sent by your favorite contacts you have listed in the Phone app.
You can select any one of the contacts options.
Apart from the stock Messages app, you can enable Announce Messages with Siri for third-party apps, which have SiriKit developer API.
Managing message announcements makes your life easier, especially while you are driving your car or two-wheeler. You can easily listen to the incoming messages as Siri reads them out. To respond to messages, you can dictate Siri to transcribe your message.
- How to Share your Audio with Two AirPods in iOS 13
- 20 Super Cool iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 Hidden Features
- How to Prevent Videos from Autoplaying in Photos App on iPhone and iPad
- How to Use Mouse with your iPad to Make the Most Out of It
Do you find this feature useful? Or is it just another iOS 13 trinket? Share your feedback with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Telegram. Also, make sure to download our app to read other useful features Apple introduced in iOS 13 and iPadOS 13.