First of all, congratulations on your new iPhone!! Now that you are on this side of the spectrum let’s get your data as well. And this is just the article for that; I’ll show you how to seamlessly switch from Android to iOS.
The best way to transfer data from Android to iPhone is Apple’s own tool called “Move to iOS.” To complete your shift to iOS without any hiccups, follow our step-by-step guide.
- What is the Move to iOS app?
- How to transfer using Move to iOS app
- Manually move data from your Android device to iPhone
What is the Move to iOS app?
As mentioned earlier, this app is specially developed by Apple to enable users to move from Android to iPhone or other Apple devices like iPad and iPod Touch.
Using this app, users can transfer data, including message history, contacts, calendars, Google accounts, camera photos and videos, photo albums, files and folders, display settings, Accessibility settings, WhatsApp messages, etc., with just one tap. However, there are some limitations.
Before we move forward, ensure that:
- Both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Both devices have enough battery or are plugged in.
- Android device’s screen should stay on the whole time. And preferably turn on DND mode, as calls or other apps could hamper the shift.
- Your iPhone has enough space to copy all data from the Android device (including the external SD card data)
- Android runs the latest software and Move to iOS version.
Just one thing more, if planning to transfer your Chrome bookmarks, update to the latest Chrome version on your Android device.
How to transfer using Move to iOS app
- Start setting up your iPhone; when you reach the Apps & Data screen, tap Move data from Android.
- On your Android device, open the Move to iOS App.
- Check the screen on your iPhone for the six-digit code.
- Enter code on your Android device in the Move to iOS App.
- Your iPhone will create a temporary Wi-Fi network. Tap Connect to establish a temporary network connection.
- Select what data you want to transfer from your Android device to your iPhone.
- Wait till all your data is transferred.
(Note: Wait till the loading bar on your iOS device is complete do not close any of the devices. Keep both devices plugged in till the process is complete)
- When the process is done, tap Done on the Android device.
- Tap Continue on your iOS device to finish setting up.
- Before resetting your Android device, make sure all your content is transferred.
Manually move data from your Android device to iPhone
While Move to iOS is the best choice, it would erase existing data on iPhone. If you don’t want that, manual transfer is the best solution. However, this is a tedious process as you’ll have to do everything manually.
But don’t you worry, child, because we have guides for everything; just select the guide you need.
I would like to say that it’s really fun to use iPhones, and if you are shifting from an Android device to iPhone, Apple has made it pretty easy with the introduction of the Move to iOS App for Android devices. Encouraging more Android users to shift towards iOS devices.
No, Not at all. With our explainer on Move to iOS, any rookie can achieve this easily.
It will always be users’ preferences and what they opt for. We here at iGeeks personally love to own iPhones!! And why not?
If you are having trouble with the Move to iOS app while transferring data, you can check our detailed explainer and ensure a smooth transfer.
You may also like: