Every time, Apple announces a new iOS version, many folks eagerly wait for the public beta to arrive. And, I’m sure most of you would be already making a beeline for iOS 12 public beta. Are you also willing to have a go at it? To get started, you will have to first sign up for the iOS 12 public beta testing program.
Apple lets you register your iPhone for the beta program with ease. Once you have enrolled your device, they send you a notification when the new public beta is available. Then, you can install it on your device just like any other software update.
How to Sign Up for the iOS Public Beta Testing Program
Before you dive in straight into the steps, you need to make sure your device is compatible with the new iOS. Once, you are assured of it, you can follow the steps below.
Step #1. Visit the Apple Beta Program website
Step #2. Now, click on Sign Up to register your account.
Step #3. Next, enter your Apple ID and password. Then, Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Step #4. Next up, select the iOS tab and click on enroll your iOS device under Get Started section.
Note: The process of signing up for macOS and tvOS is pretty much the same. You can simply select the respective tab and register your account.
Next up, wait for the notification to arrive. Once you have got it, you will be able to install the beta right from your device.
Three important things to keep in mind:
- As always, you must back up your device before going for the update. It’s done to ensure you remain on the safer side in case something goes wrong. To back up your device via iCloud, open Settings → Apple ID banner → iCloud → iCloud Backup and turn it on. Then, tap on Back Up Now.
- To back up your device via iTunes, connect the device to your computer → fire up iTunes → select the device. Now, if you want to save your health data and passwords, make sure to check the box for Encrypt backup before clicking on Back Up.
- Don’t expect the public beta to run smoothly on your device. Problems like rapid battery drain, crashing, random rebooting are part and parcel of the beta. So, be prepared to encounter them.
Considering that the operating system may not be stable, I would recommend you to install it on your secondary device. It would help you in avoid the issues.
How to Remove iOS 12 Public Beta Profile from iPhone or iPad
Step #1. Open Settings app on your iOS device.
Step #2. Now, tap on General.
Step #3. Next, tap on “Profiles & Device Management.”
Step #4. Next up, tap on iOS 12 Public Beta Profile.
Step #5. Up next, tap on Remove Profile.
You will have to enter your passcode to confirm the deletion.
That’s pretty much it!
iOS 12 has doubled down both on performance and security. Aside from a few occasional hiccups, it’s running pretty smoothly on my iPhone. Personally, I have been really enjoying the run with the new add-ons. Having your feedback about it would be great.
You might want to refer these posts as well:
- Tips to Prepare Your iPhone or iPad for iOS 12 Public Beta
- How to Use Live Listen with AirPods in iOS 12
- iOS 12 Vs Android P
- How to Change Audio Quality in Voice Memos App in iOS 12 on iPhone or iPad