UPI is an instant and convenient way to transfer money with ease. It lets you make transactions and offers such basic services as viewing account details with the help of internet connectivity. Several UPI apps have now been introduced. However, with the introduction of USSD 2.0, you can make UPI payments without the internet.
Interesting, right? In this article, I will show you how to do it. But first, let’s check the prerequisites.
Note: Before you go ahead, you must know that you can’t send more than Rs. 5,000 per transaction. Your telecom will also charge you Rs. 0.50 per transaction.
List of supported partners
Selected banks and telecom partners support the method. Hence, you must have these supported partners to perform the transaction.
- DCB Bank
- Axis Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Karnataka Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- YES Bank
- IndusInd Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
- The Thane Janta Sahakari Bank Ltd(TJSB)
- The Ratnakar Bank Limited
- ICICI Bank
- Canara Bank
- UCO Bank
- South Indian Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Allahabad Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Bank Of Baroda
- State Bank Of India
- Dena Bank
- Karur Vysaya Bank
- Standard Chartered
- Indian Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Syndicate Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Bank Of India
- Punjab and Sind Bank
- City Union Bank
- The Lakshmi Vilas Bank Limited
- G P Parsik Bank
- Vasai Vikas Co-op Bank Ltd
- Thane Bharat Sahakari Bank
- Apna Sahakari Bank
- Janta Sahakari Bank Pune
- Rajkot Nagari Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- Punjab and Maharastra Co. bank
- Jammu & Kashmir Bank
- The Mehsana Urban Co-Operative Bank
- Bandhan Bank
- The Saraswat Co-Operative Bank
- The Kalyan Janta Sahkari Bank
- Kallappanna Awade Ichalkaranji Janata Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- The Gujarat State Co-operative Bank Limited
- The Hasti Co-operative Bank Ltd
- The Mahanagar Co-Op. Bank Ltd
- Airtel Payments Bank
- FINO Payments Bank
- Kerala Gramin Bank
- Pragathi Krishna Gramin Bank
- Karnataka vikas Gramin Bank
- Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank
- Prathama Bank
- Maharashtra Grameen Bank
- Purvanchal Bank
- Rajasthan Marudhara Gramin Bank
- Telangana Gramin Bank
- Chhattisgarh Rajya Gramin Bank
- Saurashtra Gramin Bank
- Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank
- Uttarakhand Gramin Bank
- Meghalaya Rural Bank
- Mizoram Rural Bank
- Vananchal Gramin Bank
- Baroda Rajasthan Kshetriya Gramin Bank
- Dena Gujarat Gramin Bank
- Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank
- Baroda Uttar Pradesh Gramin Bank
- Baroda Gujarat Gramin Bank
- Dhanlaxmi Bank
- Paschim Banga Gramin Bank
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Limited
- Federal Bank
- Jana Small Finance Bank
- J & K Grameen Bank
- Punjab Gramin Bank
- Himachal Pradesh Gramin Bank
- Sarva Haryana Gramin Bank
- AU Small Finance Bank
- Vodafone Idea
How to transfer money offline using iPhone or Android device
So, how does the method actually work? Well, basically, there’s a code that needs to be dialed from your phone’s dialer. The code is *99#. Once dialed, tap the call button. A list of services along with your bank number will appear on the screen.
Note: For this list to appear with your correct bank name, you need to call on the code with the registered mobile number of that bank.
How to send money without internet
- Dial *99#.
- Type 1 in the list that appears on the screen for sending money.
- Choose your preferred method.
- Once chosen, enter the corresponding information to proceed and tap Reply.
- Next, enter the amount that you would like to send.
- Finally, enter the UPI Pin to complete the transaction.
- Once done, you’ll see a confirmation pop-up displaying the successful transaction.
That’s all! This is one of the easiest methods to send money, all without the need for internet connectivity.
How to receive money offline via UPI
- Dial *99#.
- To request money, reply with 2.
- Next, enter either the mobile number or UPI ID of the person you want to request money from and tap Reply.
- Enter the amount you want to request and hit Reply.
- Finally, reply with 1 to confirm the process. A message will then appear stating that you have successfully initiated the request.
So that’s the process of making UPI payments without the internet. Apart from sending and receiving money, you can access many features such as checking your balance, recent transactions, and so on.
However, sometimes the service won’t run or give you an error. Retrying it a few times fixes the problem. Let us know in the comments whether the method works for you.