Earlier, I had to use third-party apps like Lively to turn them into GIFs in order to share them with my friends who don’t own iDevices. But those days are gone—and gone forever! Now, you can easily turn those shots into GIF (graphics interchange format) without using any third-party app. Then, you will be able to easily send Live Photos as GIF to your friends on iPhone.
How to Turn Live Photos as GIF on iPhone and iPad
Make sure you have a cool Live Photo in your photo library. Just in case, you don’t have one, capture a nice one right now. (Open Camera app → hit the Live Photo button at the top center and then snap a dashing shot.)
- Launch Photos app on your iOS device → Tap on Albums tab at the bottom right corner → Now, tap on the Live Photos album.
- Next up, select the photo you want to convert into GIF.
- Up next, you need to swipe up on the pic.
- Now, you have four options: Live, Loop, Bounce, and Long Exposure. Select your preferred effects.
You have successfully turned the Live Photo into GIF. Now, you will access it from the Animated folder in your photo library.
Note: If you want to edit your live photo, follow this complete guide to get it done.
Share Live Photos as GIFs
- Open Photos app on your iPhone → Tap on the Albums tab at the bottom.
- Now, you need to tap on the Animated album.
- Next up, select the photo you want to send.
- Up next, tap on the Share button at the bottom left corner.
- Now, you can choose to share it through your favorite medium.
Note: During the test, I was able to send it via Mail, Messages, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Instagram without any problem.
I wish Apple made it possible to send moving photos in their original form across all the platforms sooner than later. It would make Live Photos even more popular. What do you think of it? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
You might want to check out these posts as well: