Update: After an update in 2020 by Facebook, the below-listed method doesn’t work anymore. Hence, there’s no way to see who viewed your Facebook profile.
While I am doing a little ego-surfing, I never miss checking my Facebook profile, where I can see several likes, comments, and sharing of my posts. This certainly boosts my ego. But at the same time, a question pops up in my mind: Can I see who viewed my Facebook profile? Well, I found an answer.
Social media is a Pandora’s Box, and we have to know its bad sides as well. Some people derive voyeuristic pleasure by watching photos and the private lives of others. Once you come to know that unknown persons breach your privacy, you can take action immediately as somebody has been visiting your profile who is not in your friends’ list.
If you ask Facebook, the social media giant categorically says, “No, Facebook doesn’t let you track who views your FB profile. Third-party apps also can’t provide this functionality. If you come across an app that claims to offer this ability, please report the app.”
However, our curious mind is always keen to find out friends and frenemies who are interested in viewing our profile. For such souls, we have come up with a workaround that will help you check who has seen your Facebook profile page. Enough talking, let’s get started with the process.
As of now, there is only one working method. You need to analyze the page source of your Facebook profile
How to know who viewed my Facebook profile?
- Open Facebook.com in Chrome or Firefox on your desktop and log in with your username and password
- Go to your profile page by clicking on your name from the left-hand corner
- Once you are on your profile page, perform right-click on your mouse
- From the pop-up menu, click View Page Source.
- Page Source is full of HTML text. Here, type CTRL + F on the keyboard. If you are using a Mac keyboard, type Command (⌘) + F.
- Now, copy this code: “Initialchatfriendslist” and paste it in the search bar.
- This command will show you countless numbers placed one after another. These are profile IDs of your Facebook friends who have visited and viewed your profile page frequently.
- Copy that number and paste the same next to www.facebook.com/10000xxxxxxxx. Remember, you should be logged in Facebook. When you copy the number, do not consider -2, which follows each profile ID.
- Upon pressing the Enter button, you can see the person who viewed your Facebook profile often.
You can perform the above action multiple times with different codes you must have found on Page Source.
There are many third-party apps and Chrome extensions, which claim to help you in finding persons who visit your Facebook profile most. However, these tools are not reliable at all hence, you should avoid using them.
That’s all folks!
While you know this trick, there are chances others also know this workaround. So if you get a sudden call from the person whose profile you have visited frequently, don’t consider it telepathy. (S)he could be using this solution to check who is viewing her/his profile on Facebook.
Did you find this trick interesting? Would you like to see who viewed your FB profile? Share your feedback with us in the comment section.
Read more about Facebook:
- How to lock Facebook profile on iPhone
- Turn ON Facebook Dark Mode on iPhone and iPad
- Find Out What Facebook Knows About You
- How to hide likes on Facebook
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.