Losing access to your Dropbox account is indeed frustrating. But worry not! Recovering your Dropbox account’s lost password or forgotten passcode is a cakewalk. This guide will take you through how to change or reset your Dropbox password and passcode on your iPhone.
- How to change or reset Dropbox Password on iPhone
- How to change Dropbox Passcode on iPhone
- Additional steps for securing your Dropbox account on iPhone
How to change or reset Dropbox Password on iPhone
Unfortunately, you cannot reset your Dropbox password directly from the app. You must use a web browser on your iPhone to access the Dropbox website and initiate the password reset process. Let’s get on with the methods of changing your Dropbox password or passcode.
Method 1: From the Sign-In page
- Visit the Dropbox website in any browser of your preference.
- Enter your registered email ID → Click Continue.
- When prompted to enter the password, click Forgot Password.
- Again, enter your email ID → Tap Submit to get the reset password link.
- Now, open your mailbox → Click the Dropbox reset password link → Set a new password.
Method 2: From account settings
If you still have access to your Dropbox account, you can reset the password from your account settings. Follow the steps below to change your Dropbox password without email:
- Access the Dropbox webpage → Click your profile icon.
- Select Settings → Shift to the Security tab.
- Click Change Password.
- If you remember your previous password, type it and enter your new password.
- Hit Change password to save your preferences.
- However, select Forgot Password? If you forgot your Dropbox password.
- Follow the same steps to reset your Dropbox password.
How to change Dropbox Passcode on iPhone
- Launch the Dropbox app → Navigate to the Account menu.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Select Change passcode categorized under Passcode lock.
- Now, enter your old Dropbox passcode.
- Upon verification, set a new Dropbox passcode.
- Re-enter the new passcode when prompted.
Additional steps for securing your Dropbox account on iPhone
Forgetting passwords is a threat to your data security. So, to prevent this from happening in the future, follow a simple trail of helpful tips.
- Password managers for iPhones are a great backup option to store and keep your credentials organized.
- Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of protection to your Dropbox account. Thus, you’ll receive an OTP on your mobile whenever you access your account.
- Remember to use a strong password that combines upper and lower-case letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Develop a habit of changing passwords and passcodes at least once every six months for better security.
- To access your passwords even offline, secure them in your iCloud keychain.
- You mustn’t share your passcode and password with anyone, even close family or friends.
If you’ve forgotten your Dropbox password and passcode, reset the password using the “Forgot password?” feature on the Dropbox website. Once you regain access to your account, set a new passcode within the Dropbox app on your iPhone.
Yes, you can reset your Dropbox passcode without resetting your Dropbox password.
Yes, after successfully resetting your Dropbox password and passcode, you may receive email notifications to confirm the changes made to your account. These notifications are a security measure to inform you about any modifications to your Dropbox account.
No, you cannot reuse your previous password or passcode when resetting your Dropbox account. You must create a new, unique password and passcode to ensure the security of your account and the files stored within it.
Get your Dropbox up and running!
If you ever find yourself in a similar situation again, you have the knowledge and confidence to quickly reset your Dropbox password and passcode. Following the steps outlined in this guide, you’ve taken the necessary measures to secure your account and regain access to your important files and data.
Thank you for reading. Please feel free to drop your thoughts in the comment section below.
- How to Add Dropbox to Files App on iPhone or iPad
- Best cloud storage services for Mac
- Best productivity apps for Mac
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.