As much as I'd like to integrate my Facebook contacts into my iPhone, the whole thing actually falls apart, becomes a clutter when I try. You end up having hundreds of entries in the contacts app that finding the right one becomes tough.
For all of you who tried to integrated Facebook contacts and are now thinking that it was a mistake, here's how you can remove Facebook Contacts from coming up on your iPhone/iPad contacts lists.
Removing Facebook Contacts from iPhone
One of the easiest ways to remove or hide the Facebook contacts from appearing in your Contacts is to turn off a switch you'll find in Facebook settings. To do this:
- Open the Settings app
- Tap on Facebook
- Under “Allow These Apps to User Your Account”, turn off the switch for Contacts
Go back to your Phone app → Contacts and refresh the contacts list. All those Facebook contacts should be gone now.
Hide Facebook Contacts From Showing Up (Groups)
So we come to the next method which is usually considered a step backward because of its implementation in iOS 7 (more on that later).
You have these Groups that you can create and manage. Controlling the groups (and their visibility on the Contacts app) was very easy with iOS 6. With iOS 7, it gets a couple of steps extra.
- Open the Phone app and tap on contacts
- Now, tap on “Groups” link on the top-right
- Do you see a “Facebook Contacts” group. You have to turn this off. (Uncheck)
- Tap on Hide All Contacts first. Then tap on all other groups that you want to see. Don't tap on the Facebook group. That's it. (In iOS 6, tapping used to toggle check/uncheck. The implementation is kind of strange in iOS 7).