I’ve always been a great fan of slo-mo videos as they are a treat to watch. It showcases every action and expression in its full-fledged form. Thanks largely to the highly efficient A11 Bionic chip, it’s possible to record ultra slow motion 1080p/240 fps video on your iPhone X, iPhone 8 and 8 Plus.
The 2017 iPhones’ camera delivers slo-mo frame rate to 240 FPS in full HD resolution (1,920-by-1,080 pixels). Ever since I got the new iPhone, I have shot a great many slow-motion 1080p/240 fps videos. And I must say that the result has impressed me no end. Want to try it out on your iPhone? Let the light, camera, and action begin!
How to Shoot Slow Motion 1080p/240 FPS Video on iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
- iOS devices shoot slow-motion 1080p at 120 FPS videos by default.
- 1080p/240 FPS slow-motion shooting needs hardware support for High-Efficiency Video Coding (the H.265 codec).
- You can view 1080p/240 FPS videos on any device running iOS 11 or macOS High Sierra.
Step #1. Launch Settings app on your iPhone.
Step #2. Now, scroll down and tap on Camera.
Step #3. Next, you need to tap on Record Slo-mo.
Step #4. Next up, select 1080p HD at 240fps.
Step #5. Now, quit Settings app and launch Camera app. Then, select Slo-Mo.
Step #6. Finally, hit the red shutter button to start shooting an excellent video.
That’s all folks!
It’s time to let us know your feedback about the slo-mo video quality on the new iPhone. Besides, also let us know any drawback you find in it.
You would like snapping a look at these posts as well:
- How to Take Portrait Selfies on iPhone X
- How to Record 4K Video at 60 FPS on iPhone X, 8 or iPhone 8 Plus
- How to Get Animoji on Any iPhone
- How to Use Hidden Camera Level Tool in iOS 11