Every phone user would hate false calls. But sometimes fake calls are blessings in disguise. Floored? How can those false calls be blessings? Imagine this: you are trapped in a boring party or a get-together, and you are looking for a reason to escape. And all of a sudden your phone rings up. Even if it is a fake call, you will drift away immediately to avoid that trap. That call proves savior and you wish you could receive such calls on your iPhone anytime you want to escape such a mess.
But how to receive fake calls on your iPhone at your convenient time? Thankfully, some apps can come to your rescue. By using Fake Call and Fake Call Plus, you can receive such calls on your iPhone to get rid of an unpleasant situation.
How to Receive Fake Incoming Calls on iPhone using “Fake Call” App
First, we will use Fake Call on the iPhone to test its features and efficiency.
Step #1. Download Fake Call on your iPhone.
Step #2. Open the app and it will start explaining to you how the app works. Along with the explanatory run-up, the app will also ask your permission to access your phone contacts and to send notifications.
You just keep tapping OK and Allow buttons on your device.
Once the app is set up, it is time to receive fake calls on your iPhone.
Step #3. For this purpose, tap on Favorites from the bottom menu.
Step #4. Select the Timer and then set the time; you can choose from one second to 24 hours.
You can also use the Date tab in case you want to get false calls on a particular day and time.
Step #5. Then tap on the Search button above or enter a mobile number directly in the Phone field.
When you tap on Search, you will be landed on the Contacts screen from where you can select any one contact.
Finally, tap on the Save button from the upper right corner.
The app will send a notification on the time you have set. Once you receive the notification, tap on it and you will receive a phone call on your iPhone.
Point to Ponder
Everything looks neat and clean here. But there are some points to ponder before you use this app.
- Fake Call app rings your iPhone only when the device is unlocked and you have to be on the app interface. In case your iPhone is locked or you are using other apps, the app simply sends a notification either on your phone or paired Apple Watch. Next, you have to tap on the notification to receive fake calls.
- If you fail to tap on notification badge, you won’t receive those bogus phone calls. Sometimes, the app doesn’t play ring as you may have locked the phone screen accidentally.
- The in-app advertisement is one of the dislikes for many users. Since the app is free, everyone has to face this menace of ads.
- From the bottom menu, you can change ringtone, toggle Vibrate and Listening on the phone options.
How to Make a Fake Call on iPhone Fake Call Plus App
Fake Call Plus is relatively easy to use in comparison with Fake Call iPhone app. From a single interface, you can manage this app to get false calls on your iPhone.
Step #1. Download and install Fake Call Plus on your iPhone.
Step #2. Open the app and then tap on Time to set a timer; here, you have options to select from three seconds to one hour.
This means you can receive false calls three seconds later or one hour later. In between, there are other options to set the timer.
Step #3. Next, tap on the Caller. This app provides you with some pre-installed names like Mr. Smith, Robert, Thomas, etc. Moreover, you can also pick up Mum, Dad, Boss as a Caller.
Alternatively, you can enter any name in the field “Enter the caller’s name.” For example, you can type Wife, Husband, Girlfriend, etc.
To set your profile pic, tap on “+” icon in a green button. Note that you cannot change this profile picture frequently as this feature is for VIP users.
Step #4. After setting up a profile photo and selecting the caller, it’s time to select ringtone & vibration.
Simply toggle on/off the options: Ringtone and Vibration. Below the two options, you have several ringtones to choose from.
Step #5. Next, Tap on Voice. There are four options: None and three voices.
Select any one Voice. In case you choose one of the voices, you will hear one of the voices when you pick up that false call on your iPhone.
Step #6. Next, tap on Wallpaper. Here’s you can either “Return Real Desktop” or use fake desktop wallpaper. However, there will be more ads if you use fake desktop wallpapers.
To Return Real Desktop, you can turn ON the switch.
When everything is in place, you can hit ‘Start Call’ button to get fake calls on your iPhone.
Point to Ponder
- One of the drawbacks of this app is you cannot lock your phone or cannot touch the home button. If in case your phone is locked or you touch the home button, you won’t receive any fake call you have set up earlier. This means you have to set up auto-lock time at Never from Settings → Display & Brightness → Auto-Lock → Never.
- Moreover, once you set up the fake call, you need to be on the app setting and cannot use other apps.
That’s all friends!
There are some limitations of the two apps listed above. You can use them with your discretion to get the best results to receive false calls. The latter offers VIP access and this can make some difference for you.
- Flash iPhone App: Send Your Photo As Caller ID on iPhone
- Best iPhone Security Apps to Secure Contacts, Photos, and Everything
- Best iPhone Contacts/Address Book Management Apps: Simplifying Your Life
- Find and Delete Duplicate iPhone Contacts with These Apps