While almost everyone has appreciated the superb sound quality of HomePod, very few have found Siri as competent as its rivals—Alexa and Google Assistant. Case in point, the personal assistant lacks the support of custom podcast commands. But, don’t be disappointed! There is a workaround that can let you play the specific set of podcasts on your HomePod.
To circumvent the hurdle, you need to first create a custom station in the Podcast app on your iOS device. And then, add your favorite podcasts to the newly created station. Read on…
How to Set Up HomePod to Allow Custom Podcast Commands for Siri
How to Create A Station and Add Your Favorite Podcasts to It on iPhone and iPad
Step #1. Launch Podcasts app on your iOS device and head over to Library. Then, tap on the Edit button at the top right corner and select New Section.
Step #2. Now, you have to name your station. Make sure to choose a simple name. I'm going to choose “Rocky.”
Step #3. Next, add your preferred podcasts to the station. To do so, go back to the Library tab again, tap on the station you have just created, tap Edit on the top right and select Settings.
Step #4. Next up, you need to scroll down to the “choose podcasts” section and pick out the podcasts you wish to add.
Once you have selected all of your favorite podcasts, quit the app.
How to Play Podcast on HomePod
After you have created the station and added to your podcast, say “Hey Siri, play romantic podcast playlist.”
That's it! The personal assistant will start playing your favorite podcasts.
Podcast Commands for HomePod
Let's take a look at some of the general commands to let you conveniently play podcasts on HomePod.
- “Hey Siri, play the Game Scoop podcast.”
- “Hey Siri, play the newest episode of Lore.”
- “Hey Siri, play the first episode of Anna Faris is Unqualified.”
- “Hey Siri, play my newest podcasts.”
- “Hey Siri, what podcast is this?”
- “Hey Siri, subscribe to this podcast.”
- “Hey Siri, subscribe to NPR News Now.”
- “Hey Siri, pause.”
- “Hey Siri, jump back 10 seconds.”
- “Hey Siri, skip forward one minute.”
- “Hey Siri, raise/lower the volume.”
- “Hey Siri, play it twice as fast.”
We have rounded up over 100 Siri commands for HomePod. If you want to play music or control HomeKit accessories with ease, do take a peek at them.
What's been your experience with HomePod so far? Do share your reviews with us.
You may like to read these posts as well:
- How to Stream Spotify, Google Music, Pandora to HomePod
- How to Disable HomePod Listening History
- How to Prevent HomePod from Playing Explicit Content
- How to Use HomePod as Speakerphone