Moving from Android to iPhone has become much easier now thanks to Move to iOS. Whether it’s your memorable photos, funny videos, important files or contacts, can comfortably transfer your entire data from Android to the iOS device.
Before going ahead with the transfer process, you must ensure that both your device meet the requirements. For instance, your iPhone must have iOS 9 or later running on it, while your Android device must be running 4.0 or later. That apart, you need to have the good Wi-Fi connection to make the switching process a smooth-sailing affair.
How to Transfer Data from Android to iPhone using “Move to iOS” App
- iOS 9 or later
- iPhone 5 or later
- iPad 4th generation or later
- iPad mini 2nd generation or later
- iPod touch 6th generation
- Android version 4.0 or later
- The Wi-Fi is turned on your Android device.
- Next, you have to plug your iOS device and your Android device into power.
- You need to ensure that the content you are going to transfer will fit on your new iOS device.
- Just in case you wish to transfer your Chrome bookmarks, make sure to update it to the latest version on your Android device.
The Data That Transferred
- You are able to transfer contacts, message history, camera photos and videos, web bookmarks, email accounts, and calendars.
- If your free apps are available on both Google Play and the App Store, they will be transferred as well.
- Once the transfer process completes, you will be able to download any free apps that were matched from the App Store.
- The matched paid apps will show up in your iTunes Wishlist.
Step #1. While setting up your new iOS device, locate the Apps & Data screen and then tap Move Data from Android.
Note: If you have already set up your device, you have to erase your device (Settings General → Reset → Erase all content and settings) and start all over again.
Step #2. Next, open Move to iOS app on your Android device and tap Continue.
Make sure to read the terms and conditions and then tap Agree. Then, you have to tap on Next in the top-right corner of the Find Your Code screen.
Step #3. On your iOS device, you have to tap Continue. Now, you need to wait for a ten-digit or six-digit code to appear.
If you see an alert on your Android device saying you have a weak Internet connection, ignore it.
Step #4. On your Android device, enter the code. Now, wait for the Transfer Data screen to appear.
Step #5. On your Android device, you have to select the content that you want to transfer and tap Next.
Now, let the process be completed successfully. Your Android may show an alert, saying the process is complete. Ignore it and leave both the devices alone till the loading bar is altogether finished.
The time it will take depends on how much content you are transferring.
Step #6. Once the loading bar finishes on your iOS device, tap Done on your Android device.
Then, you need to tap Continue on your iOS device and follow the onscreen instructions to set it up.
I hope you have successfully transferred your data from Android to iOS. If you want to get the apps that were on your Android device, head over to App Store and install them.
You might want to have a quick look at these posts as well: