Monitoring your heart rate, its progression, or digression during a daily routine can tell you a lot about the current state of your health. By default, an Apple Watch is programmed to track your heart rate every ten minutes when you are idle. Though that data is not shown to you actively.
So, if you are looking to check your current heart rate or a compiled data, here’s how you can manually check your heart rate on Apple Watch. Along with the current heart rate, you also check your pulse while you were resting, walking, working out, and recovery rates.
How to Monitor Your Heart Rate on Apple Watch
- How to Check Heart Rate on Apple Watch
- How to Monitor Heart Rate Data on iPhone
- Turn On Heart Rate in Watch App on iPhone
- How To Measure Heart Rate on Apple Watch with Accuracy
How to Check Heart Rate on Apple Watch
You will need to access the Heart Rate app to measure heart rate on Apple Watch. You can either access it from the app cluster or add it to your watch face complications for an easy approach.
Step #1. Open the Heart Rate app on your Apple Watch or tap on the Complication.
Step #2. The app will automatically start reading your heart rate and show it within a few seconds.
While on the screen, you can swipe down to check out your resting rate and walking average rate.
How to Monitor Heart Rate Data on iPhone
The Apple Watch continues measuring your heartbeat as long as you’re wearing it. All the data collected from these readings are synced with your iPhone’s Health App. Whether you want to examine the data or export it, the app lends you multiple options.
Step #1. Open the Health app on your iPhone.
Step #2. Tap on Browse from the bottom right.
Step #3. Select Heart under the Health Categories.
Note, here you will find an overview for the day that includes heart rate, heart rate variability, resting, and walking rate. The last one, i.e. Walking Heart Rate Average may vary according to the workout you select from your Apple Watch.
Step #4. Now tap on Heart Rate to view the heart rate graph.
You can also access heart rate data for the last hour, day, week, month, or year. Just tap on the respective option from the top menu. For a detailed overview, tap on Show All Filters.
Here you can scroll down to check out your heart rate during various activities. If your high or low heart rate notification is enabled, you can also check its report from this page.
Turn ON Heart Rate in Watch App on iPhone
By default, the Apple Watch data is synced with your iPhone. However, if it is not synced or you have turned it off, here is how you can turn it back on.
Step #1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
Step #2. Scroll down and select Privacy.
Step #3. Turn the toggle for Heart Rate On.
How to Measure Heart Rate on Apple Watch with Accuracy
For your Apple Watch to deliver an accurate heart rate, it needs proper skin contact. So that it can employ features like wrist detection, haptic notifications, and heart rate sensors to measure your pulse. Here are a few tips and tricks to ensure accuracy.
- Enable Wrist Detection – If the wrist detection is off, your watch can’t track your background heart rate readings (like resting and walking rates. Go to Apple Watch app → Passcode, ensure that Wrist Detection is turned On.
- The Right Fit – It shouldn’t be too tight nor too loose around your wrist, giving your skin room to breathe. As for workouts, tighten during sessions and loosen when done.
- Water is a foe – If your skin is sweaty or wet, water may reduce the accuracy of heart rate monitoring.
- Tattoos can also be an issue – The ink, pattern, and saturation of a tattoo can block the sensor light, making it difficult to get reliable readings.
That’s all Folks!
While it’s fun to keep an eye out for the variations in your pulse, it is also beneficial for your health. So, it is wise to check your heart rate data at least once a week. Compare it with past data to see how a new routine or regime has affected you. Especially when your handy companion has made it so simple. Now, isn’t the Apple Watch one of the pieces of tech you own?
Here are some more great things your Apple Watch can help you with:
- Best Apple Watch Apps of 2019: A Look At The Optimum Speciality
- Maximize Productivity with these Best Apple Watch Apps for Students in 2019
- How to Track Sleep Using Apple Watch With Sleep++ Apple Watch App
- Best Apple Watch Music Apps of 2019: Enjoy Music Like Never Before
I bid my adieu, for now, will see you soon with more such amazing insights. Till then shower some love to us in the comment section below or on our social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Also download our iOS app to get daily alerts of all-things Apple.