While there are several great alternatives to it, Netflix still stands out as the best place to watch quality content. If you’re a NetFlix user who shares his account with others, there’s some good news for you. You can now lock your Netflix profile with a PIN.
This is useful for keeping your children from watching mature content. Or simply to protect your privacy and prevent anyone from accidentally using your profile. It’s undoubtedly a much-awaited feature, so let’s make the most of it.
How to Add a PIN to your Netflix Profile
- Sign in to your Netflix account on a web browser such as Safari or Chrome. (You cannot change Account settings from the Netflix app on your phone or TV.)
- Click on your profile picture at the upper right, and then click on “Account.”
- Scroll down to the Profile & Parental Controls section, and click the arrow next to your profile icon to expand this area.
- You will then see the Profile Lock setting. Click the Change button.
- You will have to enter your account password to verify your identity.
- Now, select the option “Require a PIN to access (your name) profile” and enter your chosen PIN.
Tip: Remember to pick a PIN that others can’t easily guess!
- Click the ‘Save‘ button.
Once you have put a PIN on your Netflix profile, you will need to enter it whenever your profile is picked on the welcome screen. This will happen on all devices, including TVs. But if your profile is the only one that exists on the account, then the PIN will not be required.
Also, only the main account holder can set up PINs for any of the user profiles. You can remove the PIN lock at any time by going into the same settings section mentioned above.
So, are you going to lock your Netflix profile with a PIN? Share your thoughts in the comments below! Happy binge-watching!
You may also like: