Netflix allows you to create multiple profiles for different people. But if you share your Netflix subscription with others and don’t want them messing with your profile’s watch history or recommendations, you better lock it with a pin. Yes, that’s possible!
Keep reading to see how to add a pin to your Netflix profile and prevent tampering with your watch history.
- How to add a pin to your Netflix profile
- How to remove a profile lock pin from Netflix
- How to lock each account with unique pins
- Recover a lost Netflix profile pin
The only way to put a pin on your Netflix profile is via the web browser. So to start, go to your Netflix account page on your iPhone, Android device, PC, or Mac, and follow the below instructions:
How to add a pin to your Netflix profile
- Go to your Account page on Netflix → Click the profile you want to lock.
You may also click the down arrow next to the profile.
- Click the Change button next to Profile Lock.
- Input your Netflix password → click Continue.
If you don’t remember it, this guide could help you change your Netflix password.
- Now, check the Require a pin to access your profile box.
- Enter four numbers to set them as your profile’s pin.
- Finally, hit Save.
That’s it! Once done, you’ll always need to enter the pin to access the locked profile moving forward.
Note: Since you need to visit your account page to add a pin to Netflix profile, the steps will remain same for iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Removing a pin from your Netflix profile is as easy as adding one.
How to remove a profile lock pin from Netflix
- Go to the Netflix account page → Select the profile in question.
- Hit Change next to Profile Lock.
- Enter your account password → click Continue.
- Uncheck the Require a pin to access your profile box.
- Finally, click Save.
That’s it! This will remove your Netflix profile pin.
How to lock each account with unique pins
You can lock as many profiles as you want using unique pins. This is usually a handy Netflix parental control strategy that lets you decide when your wards can access their Netflix profiles. You can lock any profile you control on Netflix following the above steps.
Recover a lost Netflix profile pin
A forgotten Netflix profile pin is easy to recover. To start, log in to Netflix via a phone, tablet, PC, or Mac:
- Go to the affected profile.
- Click Forgot PIN?
- Next, provide your account password and click Continue.
- You’ll see the pin you set previously.
Note: You can change it, paste it into your password manager app, or remove the pin.
- Click Save.
That’s how you lock your profile with a pin on Netflix and keep your watch history tailored to you alone. As you can see, the steps are pretty straightforward. So while there are other reasons why people lock their Netflix profiles, it all revolves around privacy.
Why did you decide to put a pin on yours? Share your story in the comments section below!
Check out other Netflix-related articles:
- How to use Netflix ‘Play Something’ shuffle button feature
- Change your Netflix profile picture on iPhone
- Best thriller movies on Netflix to watch
- How to switch from Android to iPhone: 2 Ways explained
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more.
Idowu is an avid tech writer and a software surfer who loves covering knowledge gaps in consumer software, including anything related to iPhones. Well, when he's not reading and learning new things, you'll find Idowu losing gallantly on a solid chessboard or virtually on Lichess.