Apple has just released the iOS 12 public beta. Considering how much traction the OS is getting, we thought it’s apt to make a straightforward guide about how to install iOS 12 public beta 2 on iPhone.
If you had taken part in the public beta program before, you need to sign in to get started. However, if you are going to test the beta for the first time, you will have to sign up for the program and enroll your device. Read on to discover how it works!
- Before getting started, ensure that you have already backed up your device. If you haven’t done it as yet, head over to Settings → Apple ID banner → iCloud → iCloud Backup and back up the device.
- If you want to back up your device via iTunes, connect it to your computer → fire up iTunes → select it in the top left the menu. If you want to save health data and password to your backup, make sure to check the box for Encrypt backup. Then, click on Back Up.
- One more thing, make sure your device is compatible with iOS 12. (If your iPhone or iPad can run iOS 11, it can rock iOS 12 as well.)
How to Install iOS 12 Public Beta 2 on iPhone or iPad
Step #1. First off, open Safari on your iOS device and head over to beta.apple.com.
Step #2. Now, Tap on Sign Up If you had used the public beta.
Step #3. Next, tap on Sign In and head over to “Get Started section.
Step #4. Next up, enter your Apple ID and password and then click on Sign In.
Step #5. Finally, you need to agree to the terms and conditions.
Step #6. Next, select iOS tab and tap on enroll your iOS device under Get Started section. Then, hit the Download profile.
Then after, tap on Install at the top right. Next up, you need to enter your Passcode. Tap on Install to accept the beta agreement.
Step #7. Up next, tap on Install at the bottom to confirm.
Then, tap on Restart to reboot your device.
After your device has rebooted, it will start downloading the operating system.
Step #8. Once it has downloaded the software, open Settings app on your device → General → Software Update.
Step #9. When the update shows up, tap on Download and Install.
Then, enter your Passcode.
Now, your device will start downloading iOS 12 Public Beta.
After downloading has finished, tap on Install.
Wait patiently until the process is completed. After your device has rebooted, it will have iOS 12.
That’s all folks!
It’s time to explore all the new features and make the most of them. And once you have given them a fair amount of run, do let us know your feedback about them in the comments below.
You might want to take a peek at these posts as well:
- Tips To Prepare Your iPhone or iPad for iOS 12 Public Beta
- How to Change Audio Quality in Voice Memos App in iOS 12
- How to Make Group FaceTime Calls in iOS 12
- How to Turn Off Siri Suggestions on LockScreen in iOS 12