Classic games like “Mario,” “Pokemon,” and “Day of the Tentacle” still have a huge fan following. Unfortunately, Apple’s App Store doesn’t support these classic games nor does it allow emulator apps. Despite the roadblock, you can play retro games on your iPhone or iPad by installing GBA4iOS in iOS 13, 12, or even 11.
What’s GBA4iOS and how does it let you download classic games on your iOS device? Well, it stands for Gameboy Advance Emulator that enables you to download Gameboy Advance games on your device. Even though the process does involve a bit of workaround, it’s not that complex.
Is GBA4iOS secure? That’s an important question, which many of you would be thinking. From what I’ve experienced after giving this emulator a long spin, I can say that it’s a safe bet.
- GBA4iOS is a Gameboy Advance Emulator which lets you enjoy Gameboy Advance games on your iPhone.
- During our test, we didn’t find anything wrong with how it functions. Having said that you should proceed ahead with the process at your own risk.
- “Emulators” allow you to play outdated video games like Super Nintendo or Atari on your smartphone or computer. These retro games are called ROMs (Read-Only-Memory) and are software copies of cartridges or CDs like the Sega Genesis cartridge or the Sony PlayStation CD.
- It’s illegal to download ROMs as they are protected by copyright.
- By no means, we encourage you to download ROMs.
How to Install GBA4iOS on iPhone and iPad Running iOS 13 or Earlier
Step #1. Go to Tweakboxapp.com in Safari on your iPhone or iPad.
Step #2. Next, the First page shows the install now option, tap on it. The browser displays the permission to download the configuration file on the iOS device. Tap on the Allow button.
Step #3. Once the profile downloaded, go to the Settings app → General → Profile → Find the Tweakbox Profile and install it.
Step #4. After that, go to the home screen of the iPhone. Find the Tweakbox app and launch it.
Step #5. Next, tap on the Apps tab. and find all the Apps under the Category of the Tweakbox app. Scroll to find GBA4iOS and install it.
How to Download ROMs of Pokemon, The Legend Of Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Fire Emblem on iPhone
Step #1. Once you have successfully installed the GBA4iOS app on your iOS device, launch it.
Step #3. Next, you have to choose the game series to find ROM. Currently, there are 11 options available. (Developer says that GBA ROMs are coming soon.)If you want to download other ROMs, search it on Google. In this test, I’m going to download the ROM of Pokemon. You can choose to go for your favorite game. The process is pretty the same.
Step #4. Next up, select your preferred version → Tap on Download button.
Step #5. Tap on Save in the popup.
Once you have download the ROM of your favorite game, launch it and get started.
How to Delete GBA4iOS App on iPhone
Step #1. If you ever want to delete GBA4iOS app, go to Settings.
Step #2. Tap on General.
Step #3. Select Profile & Device Management
Step #4. Jiang Xi MicroBlog Technology Co., Ltd.a Delete App and confirm.
That’s pretty much it!
Personally, I have found GBA4iOS pretty good. The app works reliably so you wouldn’t have any problem in cashing-in-on some of your favorite retro games.
Let us know your feedback about it in the comments down below.
Take a peek at these posts as well:
- How to Customize Control Center on iPhone and iPad
- How to Customize App Icons on iPhone
- How to Customize iMessage App Drawer on iPhone and iPad
- How to Adjust Click Speed of Side Button on iPhone X