Classic games like “Mario,” “Pokemon,” and “Day of the Tentacle” still have a huge fan following. Unfortunately, Apple’s App Store doesn’t support these classic games nor does it allow emulator apps. Despite the roadblock, you can play retro games on your iPhone or iPad by installing GBA4iOS in iOS 12, 11 or even 10.
What’s GBA4iOS and how does it let you download classic games on your iOS device? Well, it stands for Gameboy Advance Emulator that enables you to download Gameboy Advance games on your device. Even though the process does involve a bit of workaround, it’s not that complex.
Is GBA4iOS secure? That’s an important question, which many of you would be thinking. From what I’ve experienced after giving this emulator a long spin, I can say that it’s a safe bet.
- GBA4iOS is a Gameboy Advance Emulator which lets you enjoy Gameboy Advance games on your iPhone.
- During our test, we didn’t find anything wrong with how it functions. Having said that you should proceed ahead with the process at your own risk.
- “Emulators” allow you to play outdated video games like Super Nintendo or Atari on your smartphone or computer. These retro games are called ROMs (Read-Only-Memory) and are software copies of cartridges or CDs like the Sega Genesis cartridge or the Sony PlayStation CD.
- It’s illegal to download ROMs as they are protected by copyright.
- By no means, we encourage you to download ROMs.
How to Install GBA4iOS on iPhone and iPad Running iOS 12 or Earlier
Step #1. Launch Safari on your iOS device. Then, go to iemulators.com.
Step #2. Next, tap on “Apps” tab.
Step #3. Now, you have to scroll down and tap on GBA4iOS 2.1.
Step #4. Tap on “Download Page” option.
You need to scrolls down again until you find GBA4iOS icon.
Now, check out the two versions: If you are using iPhone 8 Plus or earlier, tap on the first option. And if you are using iPhone X or later, tap on the second option.
Step #5. A popup will appear again. You have to tap on the “Install” button → Tap on the “Install GBA4iOS” button.
Step #6. The installation process of GBA4iOS app will start. (You may have to tap on the Install button in the pop-up again.)
Now, let it install successfully. Once the process is completed, you will see GBA4iOS app on your Home screen.
Step #7. Now, you have to trust a third-party profile to run GBA4iOS on your iPhone.
Open Settings → Tap on General → Profiles & Device Management.
Now, you have to trust the third-party profile to run GBA4iOS on your iPhone.
- If you are using iPhone 8 Plus or earlier, you have to tap on profile named “Jiang Xi MicroBlog Technology Co., Ltd.” → Tap on trust “Jiang Xi MicroBlog Technology Co., Ltd.” → Tap on Trust to confirm.
- If you are using iPhone X or later, you have to tap on profile named “SAE Magnetics Dongguan Limited” → Tap on trust “SAE Magnetics Dongguan Limited” → Tap on Trust to confirm.
That’s done! You have successfully installed GBA4iOS on your iOS device.
Now, go ahead and download your ROMS for your favorite games and play them to your heart’s content. You can also take the help of Google to find an ROM.
How to Download ROMs of Pokemon, The Legend Of Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Fire Emblem on iPhone
Step #1. Once you have successfully installed GBA4iOS app on your iOS device, launch it.
Step #2. Now, tap on the search button at the top right corner.
Step #3. Next, you have to choose game series to find ROM. Currently, there are 11 options available. (Developer says that GBA ROMs are coming soon.)
If you want to download other ROMs, search it on Google. In this test, I’m going to download the ROM of Pokemon. You can choose to go for your favorite game. The process is pretty same.
Step #4. Next up, select your preferred version → Tap on Download button.
Once you have download the ROM of your favorite game, launch it and get started.
How to Delete GBA4iOS App on iPhone
If you ever want to delete GBA4iOS app, go to Settings → General → Profiles & Device Management → Jiang Xi MicroBlog Technology Co., Ltd. → Delete App and confirm.
That’s pretty much it!
Personally, I have found GBA4iOS pretty good. The app works reliably so you wouldn’t have any problem in cashing-in-on some of your favorite retro games.
Let us know your feedback about it in the comments down below.
Take a peek at these posts as well:
- How to Customize Control Center on iPhone and iPad
- How to Customize App Icons on iPhone
- How to Customize iMessage App Drawer on iPhone and iPad
- How to Adjust Click Speed of Side Button on iPhone X