Retro games are quite popular among fans. Unfortunately, you can't play those ever classic games including Super Nintendo or Atari on iPhone or iPad as Apple doesn't allow emulator apps in the App Store.
However, that doesn't mean you can't break the boundaries. There is a workaround that can let you install those retro games on your iOS device thanks to GBA4iOS. Let me show you how it's done the right way!
- GBA4iOS is a Gameboy Advance Emulator which lets you enjoy Gameboy Advance games on your iPhone.
- During our test, we didn't find anything wrong with how it functions. Having said that you should proceed ahead with the process at your own risk.
- “Emulators” allow you to play outdated video games like Super Nintendo or Atari on your smartphone or computer. These retro games are called ROMs (Read-Only-Memory) and are software copies of cartridges or CDs like the Sega Genesis cartridge or the Sony PlayStation CD.
- It's illegal to download ROMs as they are protected by copyright.
- By no means, we encourage you to download ROMs.
How to Install GBA4iOS on iPhone and iPad Running iOS 10 or iOS 11
Follow the simple instructions below in order to install GBA4iOS on iOS 10/iOS 11 powered iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Step #1. Launch Safari on your iOS device. Then, go to iemulators.com.
Step #2. Next, tap on “Apps” tab.
Step #3. Now, you have to scroll down and tap on GBA4iOS 2.1.
Step #4. Tap on “Download Page” option.
You need to scrolls down again until you find GBA4iOS icon.
Now, check out the two versions: Signed and Date Trick. You have to tap on the “Signed” version.
Step #5. A popup will appear again. You have to tap on the “Install” button → Tap on the “Install GBA4iOS” button.
Step #6. The installation process of GBA4iOS app will start. (You may have to tap on the Install button in the pop-up again.)
Now, let it install successfully. Once the process is completed, you will see GBA4iOS app on your Home screen.
Step #7. Now, you have to trust a third-party profile to run GBA4iOS on your iPhone.
Open Settings → General → Profiles & Device Management. Under, “Enterprise App” tap on “Wuxi Suntech Power Co. Ltd.”
Then, tap on “Trust Wuxi Suntech Power Co. Ltd.” button. Tap on Trust again to confirm.
That's done! You have successfully installed GBA4iOS on your iOS device.
Now, launch GBA4iOS app on your iPhone. Tap on the search button, search the ROMS of the game you want to play and download them to play.
How to Delete GBA4iOS App on iPhone
If you ever want to delete GBA4iOS app, go to Settings → General → Profiles & Device Management → Wuxi Suntech Power Co. Ltd → Delete App.
Now, go ahead and install some of your favorite retro games and make the most of them during your free times. If you come across something really exciting, do ping me up as well.
What do you think of GBA4iOS? Share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have liked this post, you might also want to have a look at these posts: