Retro games are quite popular among fans. Unfortunately, you can’t play those ever classic games including Super Nintendo or Atari on iPhone or iPad as Apple doesn’t allow emulator apps in the App Store.
However, that doesn’t mean you can’t break the boundaries. There is a workaround that can let you install those retro games on your iOS device thanks to GBA4iOS. Let me show you how it’s done the right way!
- GBA4iOS is a Gameboy Advance Emulator which lets you enjoy Gameboy Advance games on your iPhone.
- During our test, we didn’t find anything wrong with how it functions. Having said that you should proceed ahead with the process at your own risk.
- “Emulators” allow you to play outdated video games like Super Nintendo or Atari on your smartphone or computer. These retro games are called ROMs (Read-Only-Memory) and are software copies of cartridges or CDs like the Sega Genesis cartridge or the Sony PlayStation CD.
- It’s illegal to download ROMs as they are protected by copyright.
- By no means, we encourage you to download ROMs.
How to Install GBA4iOS on iPhone and iPad Running iOS 10 or iOS 11
Follow the simple instructions below in order to install GBA4iOS on iOS 10/iOS 11 powered iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Step #1. Launch Safari on your iOS device. Then, go to iemulators.com.
Step #2. Next, tap on “Apps” tab.
Step #3. Now, you have to scroll down and tap on GBA4iOS 2.1.
Step #4. Tap on “Download Page” option.
You need to scrolls down again until you find GBA4iOS icon.
Now, check out the two versions: Signed and Date Trick. You have to tap on the “Signed” version.
Step #5. A popup will appear again. You have to tap on the “Install” button → Tap on the “Install GBA4iOS” button.
Step #6. The installation process of GBA4iOS app will start. (You may have to tap on the Install button in the pop-up again.)
Now, let it install successfully. Once the process is completed, you will see GBA4iOS app on your Home screen.
Step #7. Now, you have to trust a third-party profile to run GBA4iOS on your iPhone.
Open Settings → General → Profiles & Device Management. Under, “Enterprise App” tap on “Wuxi Suntech Power Co. Ltd.”
Then, tap on Trust NARI Group Corporation.” A popup will appear on the screen saying, Trusting will allow any app from this enterprise developer to be used on your iPhone and may allow access to your data. Tap on Trust to confirm.
That’s done! You have successfully installed GBA4iOS on your iOS device.
Now, go ahead and download your ROMS for your favorite games and play them to your heart’s content. You can also take the help of Google to find an ROM.
How to Download ROMs of Pokemon, The Legend Of Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Fire Emblem on iPhone
Step #1. Once you have successfully installed GBA4iOS app on your iOS device, launch it.
Step #2. Now, tap on the search button at the top right corner.
Step #3. Next, you have to choose game series to find ROM. Currently, there are 11 options available. (Developer says that GBA ROMs are coming soon.)
If you want to download other ROMs, search it on Google. In this test, I’m going to download the ROM of Pokemon. You can choose to go for your favorite game. The process is pretty same.
Step #4. Next up, select your preferred version → Tap on Download button.
Once you have download the ROM of your favorite game, launch it and get started.
How to Delete GBA4iOS App on iPhone
If you ever want to delete GBA4iOS app, go to Settings → General → Profiles & Device Management → NARI Group Corporation → Delete App.
Personally, I have found GBA4iOS pretty good. The app works reliably so you wouldn’t have any problem in cashing-in-on some of your favorite retro games.
Let us know your feedback about it in the comments down below.
Take a peek at these posts as well:
- How to Customize Control Center on iPhone and iPad
- How to Customize App Icons on iPhone
- How to Customize iMessage App Drawer on iPhone and iPad
- How to Adjust Click Speed of Side Button on iPhone X