Classic games like “Mario,” “Pokemon,” and “Day of the Tentacle” still have a huge fan following. Unfortunately, Apple’s App Store doesn’t support these classic games nor does it allow emulator apps. Despite the roadblock, you can play retro games on your iPhone or iPad by installing GBA4iOS in iOS 12, 11 or even 10.
What’s GBA4iOS and how does it let you download classic games on your iOS device? Well, it stands for Gameboy Advance Emulator that enables you to download Gameboy Advance games on your device. Even though the process does involve a bit of workaround, it’s not that complex.
Is GBA4iOS secure? That’s an important question, which many of you would be thinking. From what I’ve experienced after giving this emulator a long spin, I can say that it’s a safe bet.
- GBA4iOS is a Gameboy Advance Emulator which lets you enjoy Gameboy Advance games on your iPhone.
- During our test, we didn’t find anything wrong with how it functions. Having said that you should proceed ahead with the process at your own risk.
- “Emulators” allow you to play outdated video games like Super Nintendo or Atari on your smartphone or computer. These retro games are called ROMs (Read-Only-Memory) and are software copies of cartridges or CDs like the Sega Genesis cartridge or the Sony PlayStation CD.
- It’s illegal to download ROMs as they are protected by copyright.
- By no means, we encourage you to download ROMs.
How to Install GBA4iOS on iPhone and iPad Running iOS 12 or Earlier
Now, let it install successfully. Once the process is completed, you will see GBA4iOS app on your Home screen.
- If you are using iPhone 8 Plus or earlier, you have to tap on profile named “Jiang Xi MicroBlog Technology Co., Ltd.” → Tap on trust “Jiang Xi MicroBlog Technology Co., Ltd.” → Tap on Trust to confirm.
- If you are using iPhone X or later, you have to tap on profile named “SAE Magnetics Dongguan Limited” → Tap on trust “SAE Magnetics Dongguan Limited” → Tap on Trust to confirm.
That’s done! You have successfully installed GBA4iOS on your iOS device.
Now, go ahead and download your ROMS for your favorite games and play them to your heart’s content. You can also take the help of Google to find a ROM.
How to Download ROMs of Pokemon, The Legend Of Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Fire Emblem on iPhone
How to Delete GBA4iOS App on iPhone
That’s pretty much it!
Personally, I have found GBA4iOS pretty good. The app works reliably so you wouldn’t have any problem in cashing-in-on some of your favorite retro games.
Let us know your feedback about it in the comments down below.
Take a peek at these posts as well:
- How to Customize Control Center on iPhone and iPad
- How to Customize App Icons on iPhone
- How to Customize iMessage App Drawer on iPhone and iPad
- How to Adjust Click Speed of Side Button on iPhone X