The process of gifting an app right from your iPhone/iPad is pretty much the same on iOS 7 as on iOS 6 with a few slight modifications. (Click here for the iOS 6 version of this tutorial)
Did you find an interesting app that you want to gift to someone who uses an iOS device? This tutorial will take you through the process of gifting an app to your love ones right from your iPhone or iPad running iOS 7. Just make sure you are signed in to your Apple account and there's a valid credit card associated with it. That's about all you need.
How to Gift an App from Your iPhone/iPad's App Store on iOS 7:
- Open the App Store
- Search and find the app you want to gift. Once you've found the app, tap on it to open the app description page.
- Once you are on the app's description page, tap on the share icon.
- Now, from the share sheet, tap on the “Gift” icon
- You're now shown a page to fill the details: Email of the recipient, your name, a message (optional).
- Under “Send Gift:”, you can pick a date to send the gift/app. Leave it as it is to gift it today. Tap on Next.
- You can pick a card design to go along with the app. (just eye candy). Tap on Next.
- Verify the details of the gift and then tap on Buy to complete the process.
The only place where this process differs from that in iOS 6 is where you add the details. Rest of it is almost same – barring the interface which now looks flatter.
The credit card that is associated with your account will be charged the amount. Make sure you have a valid card added to your account before you proceed. That makes the steps easier. Even otherwise, Apple will prompt you for the credit card information when you tap on Buy in the last step.