Animated emoji or Animoji, for short, are custom multimedia versions of emoji. They mirror your multiple facial expressions with voice. You can create them on iPhone and iPad Pro with Face ID. This is because these devices have an advanced TrueDepth Camera. But what if you want Animoji on Touch ID supported iPhones or even Android phones? Well, this post shows you just how!
Using third-party apps from the iOS App Store and Google Play Store, it is possible to get Animoji Stickers on iPhone SE 2020, iPhone 8, 8 Plus, iPhone 7, 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, iPhone 6, 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, and Android phones. We recommend two apps for this – SUPERMOJI and EMOJI Face Recorder. Let me guide you through the steps.
Before you begin:
- Your Apple device should run iOS 11 or later. Android phone should have version 5.0 and up
- The app uses your phone’s standard camera. Thus, it can’t track your face as perfectly as the TrueDepth camera
- We are showing the steps for the iPhone. But the procedure for Android is also similar
How to Get Apple Animoji on Older iPhones and Android Phones
2. Give the app permission for accessing Microphone, Camera (both necessary), and sending notifications (optional).
3. Swipe or tap on the search icon in the lower left.
4. Select a SUPERMOJI of choice.
5. Touch and hold on the center recording button. Make facial expressions and speak clearly. Leave the button when done.
6. The app will take a moment to process and create the video. After that, tap on the save button to see the Share Sheet.
7. Now, tap on Save Video to have this Animoji in Photos app. You may also tap on Messages, WhatsApp, etc. and share it directly.
8. Other functions:
- SUPERMOJI lets you share the video publicly or privately. By default, the box for Public is selected. You may uncheck it and tap OK
- Swipe right to left or tap on # icon, to see videos from other people
- Swipe left to right to make a new SUPERMOJI
Additionally, you may also use another app. Here are the steps for that.
How to Create Apple Animoji Using EMOJI Face Recorder
2. Give the app permission for Microphone and Camera and optionally for Notifications. Tap on the ‘I Understand’ pop-up if you see it.
3. Swipe left or right to select an Animoji of choice.
4. Make sure you hold the iPhone is such a manner that your face is visible properly inside the circular frame.
5. Tap on the small white-red recording button.
6. Speak and make facial expressions.
7. Tap on the same button to stop the recording when done.
8. Tap anywhere on the next screen. Now tap on save and permit the app to access your Photos. After this, the video will be saved to your gallery. You may also tap on Share and send it directly on iMessage, WhatsApp, etc.
This is how you can create and use Animoji on Android phones and iPhones without Face ID. Sure, the app lacks features and is not as good as the inbuilt Apple offering. Also, the constant subscription pop-up is disturbing. But it provides you an opportunity to try out and get a taste of this cool feature.